Funded by Legal Aid Ontario, the Chinese & Southeast Asian Legal Clinic (CSALC) is a dynamic community legal clinic which serves low income members of Chinese and Southeast Asian communities in Ontario who face linguistic and other barriers in accessing legal services.
CSALC is looking to hire a permanent office manager. The officer manager will be responsible for assisting the Clinic Director in ensuring efficient administration and coordination of all Clinic services. The Office manager will also provide administrative and reception support for a team of lawyers and community legal workers to ensure low income clients with multiple and complex legal needs receive high quality legal services.
CSALC is looking for someone who:
- Is fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese, can read and write Chinese (fluency in spoken Vietnamese is an asset)
- Has extensive experience in office management, book-keeping, accounting and financial management in not-for-profit organizations
- Has good computer skills (including but not limited to Word, Excel)
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills
- Has great client service skills
- Can adapt to new case management and other systems operated by legal clinics
- Works well in a team as well as independently
Compensation will be commensurate with experience based on Legal Aid Ontario guidelines, plus group benefits package and RRSP contributions.
Anticipated start date: April 30, 2019
How to apply:
Please submit your application by April 19, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. to:
The hiring committee
Chinese & Southeast Asian Legal Clinic (CSALC)
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 1701
Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1Z8
Thank you to all applicants but will only contact candidates shortlisted for interviews.