Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants - OCASI
WHO WE ARE
Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants - OCASI acts as a collective voice for immigrant and refugee-serving organizations and coordinates responses to shared needs and concerns. OCASI is a registered charity governed by a volunteer board of directors and a membership of over 232 community-based organizations in Ontario.
Our mission is to achieve equality, access and full participation for immigrants and refugees in every aspect of Canadian life. OCASI prides itself on the highest standard of ethics and compliance with our values, our mission, and vision.
We are looking for a Part-time Bilingual Coordinator – Community Education to work with our Capacity team. The Coordinator will have a commitment to and awareness of equity, access to services, anti-racism and anti-oppression, gender-justice and anti-poverty as it relates to immigrants and refugees.
The Bilingual Coordinator, Community Education is responsible for conducting needs assessments and analysis through the Community of Practice to identify training gaps and areas of interest. The Bilingual Coordinator, Community Education will conduct a separate training needs assessment in French to adjust the courses to reflect the needs of the Francophone agencies. Based on the information obtained through the needs analysis, the Bilingual Coordinator will review, revise, and update existing curriculum to incorporate trends to keep participants up-to-date. The Bilingual Coordinator will incorporate into the new curriculum any updates on resource and referral information as well as any legislative and legal information updates. The Bilingual Coordinator, Community Education will provide online facilitated and self-directed training on various topics including Foundations of Settlement Work, Employment Supports and Supporting Newcomer Youth.
This position will report to OCASI’s Senior Manager, Professional Development and Training.
● Develop project work plans, timelines, implementation strategies and plans for the needs assessment, consultations, research and content development for online modules and webinars for this project
● Provide on-line facilitated training and host webinars on various topics
● Apply adult learning principles to training delivery; provide expertise and answer questions relating to training, work with OCASI teams to deliver high quality training; coordinate activities to avoid duplication of work
● Develop and implement outreach strategies to encourage and obtain stakeholder and/or community support
● Coordination and writing of quarterly and final reports to funders
● Post-secondary education in Social Work or equivalent acceptable combination of education and experience working in the non-profit sector with a focus on organizational development and change, capacity building and training or non-profit governance
● Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role as a coordinator working in a non-profit or community-based agency in areas of Settlement Services, Human Resources and/or Training in the immigrant services sector or other relevant community services sector
● Minimum of 1 year of experience in adult education training specifically creating and delivering custom curriculum
● Knowledge of Francophone community and immigrant and refugee serving sector in Ontario
● Knowledge of and familiarity with issues and barriers to success (e.g. LGBTQ, racism and discrimination, etc.) faced by or affecting Francophone newcomers, immigrants and refugees in Ontario
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both French and English including the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders and influence decision-makers
● Strong relationship building and networking skills as well as the ability to establish rapport with members, partners, staff and volunteers
● Knowledge of different virtual and social media platforms
● Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills to meet tight deadlines and demanding schedules
● Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to consult, collaborate and work as part of a team
● Demonstrated commitment to principles of social justice, cultural competency and equity and inclusion
● Able to travel across Ontario
Job type: Part-time position based on 25 hrs/week
How to apply
Send a cover letter and resume with Part-time Bilingual Coordinator – Community Education in the title by June 25th, 2021 to: Hiring Committee, OCASI at email@example.com.
OCASI is committed to Employment Equity. OCASI hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities. We are committed to achieving full accessibility for persons with disabilities by arranging for any necessary accommodations.
We thank all applicants for applying; however, we regret only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.