Malton Neighborhood Services (MNS) is a non-profit charitable organization that provides a variety of programs and community support services since 1975. Eligible candidates are invited to apply for the Payroll Administrator position. This is a temporary, contract.
Malton Neighbourhood Services EarlyON Centre is seeking a Program Facilitator to implement early learning activities for parents, caregivers, and children from birth to six years. The successful candidate will need to be available during the days, evenings and/or on weekends for this position.
- Implement, develop, and plan inquiry-based early years programs for parents, caregivers, and their children ages birth to six years
- Develops a clear understanding of current pedagogy for the Early ON framework and family resource principles
- Supervise program sites to ensure that the health and safety of the play environment and equipment are maintained
- Ensure compliance with day-to-day operational procedures of Malton Neighbourhood Services’ Early ON programs which include health and safety, accommodations, and customer services standards
- Facilitating or co-facilitating various parenting programs
- Collaborates confidently in an inquiry-based, early learning program environment
- Responsible for the maintenance, distribution, and inventory of parenting resources, equipment, and supplies
- Providing a welcoming environment while conducting orientations to new participants, ensuring registration and sign-in procedures are maintained
- Submits accurate and timely program administrative forms and documents
- Must be a Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE)
- Soft skills include a level of understanding and the ability to practice self-reflection
- Strong and demonstrated programming experience with young children and families with a minimum of two years’ experience
- Demonstrated experience with group work and facilitation
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt to a busy and flexible work environment
- Ability to work independently with little supervision on a regular basis
- Committed to working within a family-focused, diverse centre, with the ability to be sensitive to the uniqueness of other peoples’ life experiences
- Positive leadership skills within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written skills, utilizing technology devices and/or tools
- Interest and enthusiasm in working with families and children
- Certification in Mother Goose, Nobody’s Perfect, Group Facilitation an asset
- Bilingualism is an asset
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter & resume via email by October 2nd, 2020 to:
Upon hire, the selected candidate must provide a current Police Records Check.
Malton Neighbourhood Services is committed to providing any required accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us in writing and we will work meet your needs.
Thank you to all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.