North York Community House (NYCH) is a dynamic community agency that has been working with residents of under-resourced and low-income neighbourhoods in northwest Toronto for over 30 years. We are committed to helping people move out of poverty in order to build strong, vibrant communities. We support new Canadians, children, youth and their families, seniors, and local residents in becoming active and engaged citizens who are able to thrive and become leaders in their own lives and communities.
At NYCH, we pride ourselves on working collaboratively and creating a supportive environment. We recognize the work we need to do to improve and are constantly striving to do so. Our team has shown incredible adaptability, strength, creativity, and dedication in serving our communities during the COVID-19 pandemic, and we continue to learn and grow, and innovate while dealing with the challenges of this new reality.
The Partnerships Coordinator will play a key role in searching out, connecting to and maintaining partnerships with external organizations, institutions and initiatives.
- Assessing the partnership gaps within NYCH through ongoing communications with various staff and programs - Identify gaps in partnerships that specifically serve the complex needs of immigrants and refugees
- Working with Program Managers to discuss focus areas and opportunities
- Researching initiatives and opportunities in NYCH’s catchment area and across the sector
- Compiling a document of ongoing partnerships/referral partners NYCH currently works with
Networks and Collaborations
- Connecting with city wide networks and working groups – attending regular meetings and reporting back to NYCH
- Connecting with city wide Local Immigration Partnerships (LIP) and being an active member of various LIP working groups
- Connecting with Rexdale Community Cluster and supporting their working groups
- Connecting with city wide refugee workgroups and committees
Documentation and reporting
- Updating and maintains partnership document and reports regularly to Manager
- Producing reports on monthly basis
- The minimum level of education preferred is a degree/diploma in social sciences, community/settlement services or related fields
Experience and Skills
- Minimum one-year experience as a program coordinator or working with different partners
- Confidence in seeking out and maintaining new partnerships and collaborations
- Excellent understanding of the settlement sector, gaps, needs and opportunities
- Excellent time management, attention to detail, and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Typically works regular hours from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with occasional evening/weekend work
- Responsible for caring for a laptop and cell phone. Due to the pandemic and Stay at Home order – this program is currently delivered primarily through virtual means
Full time - Contract position
Start Date: August 2021 – March 2022
Hourly rate of pay: $28.00
Reports To: Manager, SWIS and Re
Hours: Full-time (35hrs/week)
Location: Various in person/online
A successful clearance of criminal record verification will be required when necessary for the position.
How to apply:
Please submit cover letter and resume by July 25, 2021 at 11.59 p.m. to:
Partnerships Coordinator – Hiring Committee, North York Community House
NYCH is committed to equity and creating a respectful and inclusive workplace culture that reflects the broad diversity of communities we work with. This includes people who identify as immigrants, refugees, women, Indigenous, Black, LGBTQ2S+ people of colour, and people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation, please let us know in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.