Position Title: Payroll and HR Associate
Terms: 40hrs/Per week
Organization Structure: Reports to the HR/Labour Relations Director
This is not a Bargaining Unit Position
Polycultural Immigrant and Community Services is a multiservice organization committed to a holistic approach to supporting the needs of community members by effectively utilizing services offered by the agency and community.
Polycultural Immigrant and Community Services is a not-for-profit organization with a mission to help individuals and communities to gain equal opportunities to become productive members of Canadian society. Our organization has a strong history of helping newcomers, youth, women and seniors.
The HR Associate role requires a candidate who is well versed in multiple HR competencies and programs with strong human relations skills, including employee relations, performance management, recruitment, payroll, benefits, training needs and opportunities, and compensation. The ideal individual will demonstrate a high level of professional maturity and judgment, and the ability to maintain discretion and work collaboratively with people at all levels of responsibility within the organization. This role will be focused on fostering and influencing behaviours that are congruent with Polycultural’s mission and core values.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for all HR functions throughout the organization such as payroll and benefits administration, training and development, talent management, recruitment, health and safety, employee relations
• Collaborates with HR Generalist for recruitment. Works collaboratively with hiring managers to determine role requirements, job descriptions, and sourcing strategies. Administers a full-cycle recruitment process including sourcing, screening, interviewing, preparing offers letters, and conducting onboarding and off-boarding
• Provides guidance and advice to management and employees on human resources-related matters in accordance with applicable legislation as well as internal policies, processes, and procedures
• Maintains HRIS records, and prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data/trends
• Assists with leading the Joint Health and Safety Committee and ensures proper documentation and record-keeping of all incident/accident reports, monthly inspection reports, disability management, return to work, work accommodation, and attendance
• Acts in accordance with and incorporates Polycultural's Code of Ethics, Confidentiality, Anti-Oppression/Anti-Racism, Harassment and Discrimination policies, etc.
• Uses sound judgment in consideration of financial resources and complies with Polycultural’s financial policies and procedures
• Update and implement volunteer policies, procedures as required, supervision & recognition of Volunteers
• Assist with implementing various HR initiatives, including the roll-out of new HR programs and providing recommendations on processes to improve HR operational excellence
• Maintain HR/Volunteer reporting & databases, prepare status reports and presentations, develop ad hoc reports as needed
• Other duties as required
Planning & Organizing/ Time Management
Establishes a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure the accomplishment of a specific objective. Sets priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity.
Applies and improves extensive or in-depth specialized knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to accomplish one's job effectively.
Thinks carefully about the likely effects on others of one's words, actions, appearance, and mode of behavior. Selects the words or actions most likely to have the desired effect on the individual or group in question.
The ability to manage your actions effectively and responsibly well-being and time to achieve organizational goals, self-improvement and personal growth. To maintain an effective work/life balance in response to a stressful, challenging and dynamic work environment.
Drive for Results
Demonstrates concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence. Shows a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement.
Uses a variety of communication styles and strategies to foster open communications, the exchange of information and discussion on an ongoing basis
Understands agendas and perspectives of others, recognizing and effectively balancing the interests and needs of one's group with those of the broader organization.
• College/University Diploma/Degree in HR Management, Business Program or any other related fields
• Minimum one year of payroll and benefits administration experience
• HR exposure within a non-profit unionized environment a strong asset
• CHRP designation/in progress and affiliation with HR Professional Association an asset
• PCP certification/in progress and affiliation with National Payroll Institute a strong asset
• HRIS experience especially Microsoft Dynamics (NAV) is a definite asset
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and databases
• Good understanding of group dynamics and employee/employer relation principles
• Flexible & results-oriented approach to work within a relatively structured environment with multiple sites
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships and quickly gain credibility to influence and provide coaching
• Good communication skills, including written, verbal, facilitation, and presentation skills
• Good analytical and critical thinking skills combined with common sense
• Proven time management, and organizational skills to manage competing priorities & tight deadlines
• Strong planning and organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent critical thinking and analytical abilities with a strong focus on driving results
• Strong business focus with a priority on value-driven HR support
• Demonstrated ability to maintain professional behaviour in challenging situations and ability to maintain strict standards of confidentiality and handle sensitive employment issues
• A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Police Check (completed when an offer is made)
Please click on the link to apply: