Program Overview – Adult Day Program, Community Care
The Community Care Unit provides a holistic approach to care at home for seniors and caregivers who are vulnerable, at risk and/or marginalized. The unit provides a wide range of programs such as Assisted Living Services, Social Work, Meals-on-Wheels, Adult Day programs, and transportation, which enable seniors to be as independent as possible in their homes. The unit also provides a variety of socio-recreational/wellness programs, which enhance quality of life and promote the health of older adults.
- Provide personal care to high-risk, frail clients
- Assist clients with personal and hygiene needs (e.g. dietary needs, medication reminders, toileting, lifts and transfers, grooming, clean-up or bathing, etc.)
- Escort and transport clients to and from the program assisting with client arrivals and departures
- Prepare snacks and meals and serve food to clients, including those who require feeding
- Assist clients in their activities of daily living
- Set up/clean up before and after program activities
- Assist the program staff in carrying out program activities in a supportive capacity
- Personal Support Worker Certificate from a recognized Community College program
- Minimum one (1) year experience working with seniors and providing personal care for frail and disabled seniors/adults (eg. toileting, transfers, lifts, grooming, cleaning up, bathing)
- Food handling certification a strong asset
What Will Set You Apart
- Good communication, verbal, written, listening and reporting skills.
• Able to work effectively within a team.
• Able to be flexible and demonstrate good judgment in assessing client needs.
• Provide service in a culturally sensitive manner.
• Knowledge of gerontological issues, health care, and social service systems.
• Calm, patient, warm, and non-judgmental attitude and approach.
• Able to keep a hygienic, clean, and disinfected environment to comply with health and safety requirements
Employment Type: Contract (1-year), Bargaining Unit
Work Hours: 35 hours/week (8:30am-4:30pm & 10am-6pm)
Salary: F8 - $45,567
How to apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume, quoting competition #2019-034-CC in the subject line, by 11:59 p.m. on March 22, 2019 to:
WoodGreen is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free selection process and work environment. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative at firstname.lastname@example.org of the accommodation measures required. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially
Thank you to all those who respond to this posting. Only those selected for further screening will be contacted. No telephone call inquiries, please.