A United Way Anchor Agency, WoodGreen combines significant scale and a proven track record with an entrepreneurial mindset, continuously seeking and developing innovative solutions to critical social needs.
Assisted Living Services, Community Care
The Community Care Unit provides a holistic approach to care at home for seniors and caregivers who are vulnerable, at risk and/or marginalized. The unit provides a wide range of programs such as Assisted Living Services, Social Work, Meals-on-Wheels, Adult Day programs, and transportation, which enable seniors to be as independent as possible in their homes. The unit also provides a variety of socio-recreational/wellness programs which enhance the quality of life and promote the health of the older adult. Assisted Living Services schedules staff on a 24 hour/7 days per week basis to provide personal support/homemaking services and other instrumental activities of daily living for frail seniors.
- Provide service to clients as per service plan, client choice and functional ability to promote client independence
- Provide personal care supports, medication assistance/reminder for clients as per service plan
- Perform home support activities
- Comply with program policies and identify, respond to and report risk/hazardous situations
- Assess, intervene and report incidents and changes in client status to appropriate staff
- Document in client file and use program forms appropriately where applicable
- Understand/operate the emergency response system and respond professionally to all client/program emergencies
- Will be assigned to work at other clusters at the building and the Pape clusters
- PSW certificate (mandatory) and NACC Certificate, if applicable
- Minimum six (6) months experience providing personal care to frail seniors
What Will Set You Apart
- Problem identification and intervention skills to handle work-place/client situations
- Work independently within prescribed role
- Work effectively with a team and handle conflict
- Demonstrated flexibility, good judgment and cultural sensitivity when working with clients
- Knowledge of gerontological issues, health care and social service systems
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team approach
- Has the physical strength and ability to do frequent light to moderate lifting, walking, bending, stretching and pulling
- Able to work in a second-hand smoke/pet environment
- First Aid and CPR certification is an asset
- Able to work occasional statutory holidays
- Due to WoodGreen’s multi-site locations we reserve the right to relocate the incumbent to another site, in the same position performing the same duties, as may be dictated by program needs. Reasonable notice of such site relocation will be given
- Due to the nature of this program, it is deemed an essential service and the Personal Support Worker is expected to report to work during emergency situation, e.g. TTC strike
Employment Type: PSW, Bargaining Unit
Work Hours: 14 hours/week - Saturday & Sunday, 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Salary: PSW - $17.60/hour
How to apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume, quoting competition #2019-015-CC, to:
WoodGreen is an equal opportunity employer. WoodGreen is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free selection process and work environment. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative at firstname.lastname@example.org of the accommodation measures required. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest; however only those selected will be contacted. No telephone calls please.