- Develop and maintain an employer network and pursue job leads to increase employment outcomes for program participants
- Conduct outreach to the employer community and meet with the employer to ensure their suitability and compliance to the employment program framework
- Work with participants to review their employment action plans; provide one-to-one and group career exploration sessions and relevant labour market information; provide participants with ongoing opportunities to make informed choices regarding goals, objectives, and services related to potential jobs
- Market job seekers to employers based on their interest and career goals ensuring adequate supports to facilitate participants’ placement; assist employers in training participants and provide on the job coaching; monitor placements to ensure that participants are learning appropriate work habits and transferable skills
- Develop and fill 7 placement opportunities for new participants per month
- Negotiate placement duration and subsidy level with employers
- Facilitate two thorough performance appraisals with the employer and program participant. The first appraisal occurs after one month on the job.
- Provide feedback in order to identify key issues or problems and to recognize the strengths of each participant and identify methods for further skills development.
- Make recommendations and monitors the progress made on the part of the participant and employer.
- Carries out a final appraisal a month before the program ends. In the final appraisal, the issues identified in the first appraisal are discussed and the progress is recorded.
- Makes final arrangements with the employer to hire the participant.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business Administration, Marketing, Human Resources, or a related major). A major in Career Studies is an asset
- Experience working with disengaged youth with multi-barriers using different methods including group facilitation, meditation, and/or conflict resolution techniques.
- Experience using a variety of marketing strategies to successfully connect job seekers with employers;
- Demonstrated track record in negotiating with employers and building successful partnerships which benefit job seekers.
- Up to date and knowledgeable on current labour market trends and opportunities, particularly in the City of Toronto.
- Excellent knowledge of social media and online tools to promote services to various stakeholders.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess and maintains a clear Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Must have a car for business travel
How to apply:
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter to:
ACCT Employment Hiring Committee
Candidates should state the position of interest in the subject of the email.
Thank you to all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.