Ontario Association of Interval & Transition House (OAITH) is seeking an individual to join our team as a Policy & Research Coordinator. OAITH is a provincial association representing Violence Against Women Shelters and Community Organizations. Together we work towards ending all forms of gender-based violence and oppression through advocacy, education, research and training.
To advance OAITH’s policy and research capacity, analysis and development. The Policy & Research Coordinator works collaboratively to advance, identify, coordinate and implement policy and research initiatives with our staff team, membership and stakeholders.
- Conduct policy research through literature reviews, sector surveys, interviews etc.
- Develop policy and advocacy options based on evidence
- Prepare policy documents, options papers, correspondence, briefing notes, memorandums, and reports as it relates to OAITH’s initiatives and mandate
- Provide support and logistics with various committees, working groups and stakeholder advisories, as appropriate
- Develop Policy and research content on a broad range of issues, in collaboration with the Executive Director and Communications & Resource Coordinator
- Development and delivery of presentations to a broad range of stakeholders (membership, partners and government) at various events and meetings
- Provide Support to Executive Director in government relations and stakeholder engagement
- Monitor government legislation/policy, research and advocacy related to gender-based violence
- Contribute to the development of funding proposals to advance OAITH’s research agenda
- Provide administrative support associated with ongoing operations of OAITH
- Support OAITH’s existing and upcoming research and policy initiatives
- Post-secondary education in public policy, research, political studies or related field
- 3-5 Years Work Experience, with preference given to those who’ve worked in a gender-based violence focused organization
- Strong analysis, understanding and applied knowledge of equity, intersectional feminism, gender-based violence and systems change advocacy
- Demonstrated adaptability to changing work responsibilities in a dynamic, project-driven environment
- Intermediate level time management and prioritization skills when working through competing needs
- Strategic and critical thinker, with experience in policy development, research and analysis
- Intermediate written and oral communication skills
- Advanced relationship-building and political acuity skills
- Demonstrated experience in applying creativity and innovation in a systems change context
- Demonstrated experience working within a digital context, with advanced technical skills in working with a range of online platforms
OAITH operates a permanent virtual office and all staff are required to establish a home office to conduct their work. Reliable internet connection, access to a vehicle and ability to travel across the province and country will be required from time to time.
This contract position offers a competitive compensation package, including benefits, and runs from Tuesday October 13th, 2020 until March 31st, 2022, with possibility for renewal. This is a 30 hour per week position at a rate of 28.50 per hour.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position please send your Resume and Cover Letter to:
The Hiring Committee
Please indicate the position you’re apply for in the subject heading. Applications are due by Monday September 21st at 12:00pm. Late applications will not be accepted. No Phone Calls or Emails.
OAITH is committed to equity in the workplace, our work and community. We strongly encourage individuals from equity seeking groups, including those with lived experience to apply for this opportunity. Should you require an accommodation to participate in the interview process, please indicate this if you’re selected for an interview.