- Conduct outreach to non-profit organizations to identify opportunities and promote job matching and placement support
- Ensure that non-profit organizations meet program requirements; conduct at least one site visit per agency prior to placements to confirm a suitable and safe work environment
- Facilitate placement of youth in community agencies based on their skills and interest
- Negotiate placements with non profits including the completion of placement agreements and participants training plans
- Assess any barriers to ensure an effective intervention takes place and provide short- and long-term strategies to ensure the youth’s needs are identified and employment-related goals are established
- Ensure that youth work as a team to complete different projects for non-profit organizations in the community
- Bachelor’s degree and around three years of experience in recruiting or career development
- Demonstrated experience working with youth of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Knowledge of integration issues faced by newcomers
- Three years of experience using counselling/advising approaches and skills (preferably in a career development context)
- A passion for helping youth succeed professionally and strong networking skills to coordinate with potential employers
- Interpersonal skills – the pre- placement supervisor need strong interpersonal skills to network with not for profit organizations and coach youth who have diverse needs
- Communication skills – effectively helping youth with their careers requires asking specific questions and listening carefully to get useful insight on what jobs best fit them.
- Highly proficient computer, MS suite (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access), PowerPoint and Publisher, social media (LinkedIn for recruiting).
- Possess and maintains a clear Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Must have a car for business travel
How to apply:
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter to:
ACCT Employment Hiring Committee
Candidates should state the position of interest in the subject of the email.
Thank you to all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.