The Learning Enrichment Foundation (LEF) is a not-for-profit (with a social enterprise mindset) which provides a multidisciplinary and holistic set of supports for members of our community including those who are: in transition, new to Canada, out of the workforce, and a host of other individual circumstances. We currently knit together Newcomer Services, Child Care, Employment Supports, Skills Training, and Language Training.
If you want to join us, you need to understand that it is the little things that often have the most impact; it is through supporting and empowering individuals and families, (indeed the community as a whole) that we achieve our goals.
LEF is a growing organization and as such, any candidate hired into this position should find opportunities for a rewarding career with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We have a great compensation and benefits package and employ self-directed go getters who thrive on innovation and best practices. If the potential of our impact excites you, then consider joining our team.
For more information about the Learning Enrichment Foundation, please visit our website at www.lefca.org
- Responsible for program outreach and intake, coordinating and facilitating workshops
- Connecting and liaising with guest speakers, providing one on supports to participants, seeking out employment opportunities from employers, and increasing the diversity of opportunities available to our participants
- Work with team members to understand the unique needs of each participant, and link them with opportunities for skill development, financial assistance, and employment
- Responsible for record keeping, administrative duties and supporting program evaluation and reporting
- Working with a dedicated team of professionals, who are highly committed to our community and who support employment and settlement needs, develop employer and community partnerships, and are all strong leaders in their fields of expertise
- Understanding of the trends and challenges of marginalized youth, including employment-related issues
- Experience providing ongoing case management, including coaching and follow-ups, and supports for youth and adults
- Experience developing and implementing action plans
- Demonstrated experience coordinating community and group initiatives, partnering and facilitating joint initiatives with schools, community and youth-related agencies
- Experience delivering workshops to groups of all ages and on a variety of topics including employment and soft skills topics
- Experience developing new and maintaining existing employer relationships
- Demonstrated experience in Job Development including wage subsidy, job placement, and job retention
- Ability to handle difficult situations with maturity and high degree of professionalism
- Proven successful experience completing and maintaining proper documentation including financial and program outcome information
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Goal oriented, outcome driven, highly organized, flexible and adaptable with superior time management skills
- Excellent understanding of current labour market trends
- Dynamic, vibrant relationship builder and connector
- Demonstrated team player
- The ability to work evenings and/or weekends
- Demonstrated success in working with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Knowledge of the Weston/Mount Dennis neighbourhood is an asset
- Current Police reference check
- Ability to work remotely
- The Learning Enrichment Foundation places a high value on lived experience. Personal experience with poverty, unemployment, homelessness and similar challenges is strongly considered an asset.
This is fixed-term contract position
How to apply:
Interested candidates should email their resume and covering letter as one document by 5:00 p.m. September 14th, 2020 to:
Please include in your covering letter your experience strengthening the assets and skills of people with diverse backgrounds.
The Learning Enrichment Foundation is committed to complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodations to participate in this activity, please contact Elisa Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.