JIAS Toronto is a charitable organization dedicated to the welcome, settlement, and integration of new immigrants and refugees in the Greater Toronto Area. JIAS Toronto supports newcomers through case management, referrals to a wide variety of community and government agencies, workshops and programs to support integration, and formal and informal language learning programs. We work to advance the well being and social integration of all newcomers by providing a range of services and programs. We are currently seeking a Program Manager reporting to the Executive Director. This is a maternity leave contract for 12 to18 months.
Are you a seasoned manager with experience in developing and implementing program objectives within a not-for-profit organization? Are you practiced at managing programs, workgroups, and program service delivery? The Program Manager will oversee the delivery of all JIAS programming and develop complimentary programs to meet evolving needs of clients. In addition to managing staff, the incumbent will also work with other agencies on collaborative endeavors and report to funders and stakeholders.
- Oversee the coordination and administration of all aspects of JIAS programs including planning, organizing, and facilitating program activities to ensure program growth, quality, and sustainability
- Manage JIAS community programs for newcomer children, youth, adults, families, and seniors
- Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program
- Track and monitor program progress, coordinate quality assurance activities, and prepare reports for funders and stakeholders
- Plan the delivery of overall programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the Agency
- Manage program budgets
- Develop quality partnerships with other service providers, including JF&CS, JVS, Kehilla, and others
- Other duties as assigned
- MSW, Bachelor’s degree in social services, or related field
- Minimum 3 years of related experience including program management, volunteer management, and/or supervising experience
- Demonstrate experience in program operations and development, budget management and grant reporting
- Knowledge and experience working in the Not-for-Profit Sector
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Databases (Salesforce an asset), MailChimp, and social media platforms
- Committed to program evaluation; skilled in qualitative and quantitative analysis and research
- Understanding of the IRCC logic model and UJA mandate
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Track record of being able to take initiative
- Ability to collaborate with others and build partnerships
- Servant Leadership mindset
- Fluency in languages that relate to the Agency client base will be considered an asset such as Hebrew, Russian, Arabic, Tigrinya, Farsi, etc.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and résumé to:
At JIAS Toronto, we welcome, support and integrate immigrants today to build a strong Canada and a strong Jewish Community of tomorrow. JIAS Toronto is committed to the principle of equal opportunity employment. Accommodations during all phases of the hire process will be made wherever possible. Please advise us if any accommodations are required.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.