ACCES Employment is a leader in connecting employers with qualified employees from diverse backgrounds. More than 35,000 job seekers are served annually at six locations across the Greater Toronto Area. As a not-for-profit corporation, ACCES receives funding from all levels of government, corporate sponsors, various supporters and the United Way Greater Toronto.
We are looking for a skilled and career-oriented individual who thrives in a flexible and innovative environment. ACCES offers an excellent benefits package, a RRSP matching program, and an Employee & Family Assistance Program.
Reporting to the Director of Services, Engineering & Technology Projects, the Project Manager will oversee the Women in Technology and Cybersecurity Programs, which are funded by TD Bank Group. The Cybersecurity program helps IT newcomers gain sector-specific training and job search support and the Women in Technology program helps newcomer women build IT skills (e.g. programming, coding), learn about Canadian workplace culture and job search skills and gain connections to employers.
The Project Manager’s responsibilities will include project development and implementation, supervision of staff, and coordination with other ACCES programs and services. The Project Manager will work collaboratively with the Corporate Engagement Team and key contacts at TD Bank Group to develop and deliver the program; ensure effective planning, administration & reporting; and ensure that project outcomes are achieved. As part of the management team, this is a non-unionized position.
- Ensure that all project activities are delivered in accordance with organizational policies and procedures as well as funder contractual agreements
- Ensure that all project deliverables and outcomes are met or exceeded, including targeted employment outcomes
- Work closely with other ACCES managers, TD Bank Group and partner organizations to ensure appropriate coordination of project activities with other related ACCES program and events
- Responsible for managing all program staffing activities including recruitment, supervision, performance management, staff engagement and training etc.
- Work closely with ACCES finance and administration departments to manage program budget and oversee contracts with partners and suppliers (e.g. assessment, curriculum development, etc.)
- Review and audit project files (hard copy client files and electronic data base) to ensure proper documentation and adherence to service delivery standards
- Plan and coordinate service delivery schedules, taking into consideration the availability of partners, volunteers/mentors/employer guest speakers etc.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to manage and oversee the development of online assets, tools, platforms, curriculums and other services as required for the project
- Establish and build partnerships to support and enhance project delivery
- Responsible for all reporting, data and administrative functions pertaining to project activities and outcomes
- Plan and prepare funding proposals to support program sustainability and growth through government and corporate funding
- Report project activities and make recommendations to senior management regarding strategies and activities that improve project efficiency and effectiveness; support implementation of recommended strategies for continuous improvement
- Plan, implement and oversee key program activities such as client and employer outreach, scheduling service delivery, evaluation, collecting and monitoring client data and program outcomes
- Establish and facilitate the activities of a Program Advisory Committee
- Responsible for compiling and analyzing program data; preparing all reports required by ACCES and by funders, pertaining to program activities and outcomes
- Follow and enforce procedures established to protect worker health and safety
- Other duties as assigned including support of site activities and evening supervisor shift rotation
- University/College degree
- 5years of related work and management experience
- Previous experience in the not-for-profit sector and working in a diverse community is an asset
- Knowledge of emerging labour market needs and trends in the field of information technology is considered an asset
- Understanding of labour market challenges and barriers, particularly as they relate to internationally trained professionals
- Experience with working in an online service delivery environment, learning management systems and other online tools is considered a strong asset
- Project Management (PMP) designation, or in progress, is considered an asset
- Demonstrated leadership experience, a collaborative decision maker, and an open and effective communicator who values diversity
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with all levels in the organization and with clients, employers, community partners, other service providers and funders
- Ability to prioritize, strong time management skills and flexible to respond to time sensitive issues and frequently changing priorities while meeting competing deadlines
- Exceptional planning, organization and problem solving skills; must be pro-active, and have a sense of urgency
- Proven strength in human resources areas such as performance management, team leadership, and staff coaching/mentoring etc.
- Experienced and highly proficient working in an MS Office environment; including online virtual platforms Zoom, WebEx and Microsoft Teams
- Ability to travel between project/program delivery locations and/or partner and employer organizations, or as needed
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends
Location: North York
How to apply:
Interested persons should send their resume with a covering letter to:
ACCES Employment Hiring Committee
Candidates should state the position of interest in the subject of the email.
ACCES Employment is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates who are contacted may be requested to complete a screening video interview using Spark Hire.
This position will be posted until it is filled. We will be reviewing resumes as they are submitted.
ACCES is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
ACCES Employment is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to an employment opportunity, please advise our HR representative or hiring manager of the accommodation measures if required which would enable you to be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.