Established in 1973, Interval House is Canada‘s first shelter for women and children experiencing abuse. We are trailblazers in the campaign for women’s empowerment and independence and we provide innovative, specialized, and transformative services that help to break the cycle of intimate partner violence.
Want to know more about Interval House? See www.intervalhouse.ca
Join us and be a part of our team:
Are you passionate about supporting the services and care delivered to clients who have experienced intimate partner violence? Are you results focused with an emphasis on quality and quantity standards with great attention to detail? Do you thrive in a diverse, supportive, and change-positive team?
Then joining this team may be your best move yet.
The Community Programs team is a group of caring, dedicated staff that provides a continuum of services including integrated and specialized services to help women build their economic self-sufficiency (BESS). Our many services include employability skills coaching, finding jobs, and linking them with suitable clients, supportive one-on-one counselling, life skills workshops as well as housing support, and referrals to other services.
As a Program Support Coordinator, you will utilize your planning and organisation skills to provide general administrative support to the Community Programs’ activities to achieve the desired outcomes. You will be able to demonstrate your technological skills and resourcefulness to provide support to the department’s reporting systems, and the policies and procedures development.
- Perform general administrative support for the department
- Developing and maintaining records and internal database and ensure optimisation for efficiency and effectiveness
- Gathering statistical data, create custom reports and ensure the reliability of the information, for internal and external reporting purposes
- Drafting and updating the department’s policies and procedures documents and related tools
- Coordinate departmental meeting logistics
- Coordinating and organising client and networking events, as needed.
- Education and minimum of two years’ experience in administration
- High proficiency in Microsoft Suite and program database software, with demonstrated ability to quickly learn new software and web-based applications
- Analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy a must
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to train and support end-users
- Exceptional report writing and presentation skills, including data visualization/presentation
- Proven time management and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain reliable work relationships within a diverse work environment
- Demonstrate a positive work attitude, resourcefulness, and learning initiative
- Consistent ability to demonstrate professional behavior and respect for boundaries in a diverse work environment
- Demonstrated ability to exercise flexibility when needed
You will benefit from
- Competitive compensation
- Group Insurance benefits
- Growth and learning opportunities
- Work/Life balance
- Working with a supportive, fun-loving team
Good to Know
We thank all applicants. Please note, only applicants who meet the requirements will be contacted.
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Covid-19 Vaccinated candidates are preferred or must be open to receiving a vaccine.
All successful applicants must agree to undergo a police vulnerable sector check.
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume Subject line: Program Support Coordinator to:
Attention: Human Resources
Interval House demonstrates its commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion, respect in the workplace and does not condone any form of discrimination and workplace violence.