• Ensures house rules are observed.
• Supports the delivery of programs/orientation and services to the residents.
• Responsible for the intake/admission, pre-departure services and check-out of residents
• Responsible for ensuring welcome packages and admission files are ready and prepared regularly.
• Ensures rooms are set up and equipped with toiletries, food, baby formula, diapers etc.
• Organize and maintains supplies in the storage office and keep an up-to date inventory of supplies (e.g. diapers, formula, coffee, sugar etc.)
• Delivers food to client rooms
• Supports the smooth operation of the Centre, which includes responding to emergencies.
• De-escalates non-violent crises, e.g. client altercation, family conflicts.
• Conducts COVID screening and temperature check for clients.
• Communicates in a timely and professional manner with supervisor regarding any client concerns.
• Supports the general office duties such as answering telephones and responding to client issues.
• Provides interpretation services, as required.
• Communicates in a timely and professional manner with the hotel management regarding any client concerns.
• Community college diploma in community work/human services or equivalent.
• Minimum six (6) months fulltime work experience working in shelter setting
• Excellent communication skills.
• Fluency in any of the following languages considered an asset: Arabic, Dari, Farsi, Somali, Amharic, Spanish
• Knowledge of specific issues facing resettled refugees in general and the Resettlement Assistance Program more specifically.
• Demonstrated experience responding to crises and providing supportive counselling.
• Ability to work independently.
• Required to provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) Police check. The VSS must have been completed within the past 6 months.
• Possession of a current First Aid/CPR training certificate would be an asset.
• Must be fully vaccinated or be exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file quoting reference 236-23 to the below link: https://creg.costi.ca/ui/hr/resume.aspx?refno=236-23