YWCA Toronto strives to uphold anti-discrimination practices and anti-oppression principles to ensure that the rights of all individuals are respected and protected. We work to promote a climate that is welcoming of all women and individuals who identify as Trans, intersex, non-binary, agender, and/or Two-Spirit. We encourage applications from women and gender diverse people from all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations.
The Relief Client and Program Support Worker is responsible for providing client support services, administrative and outreach support to the YWCA JUMP Itinerant Services and staff team.
ABOUT YWCA TORONTO – YWCA JUMP ETOBICOKE
YWCA JUMP Etobicoke is a settlement program for newcomer women, female youth and gender diverse people in North and Central Etobicoke. The program has a strong employment emphasis paired with services addressing the adaptation, settlement and integration needs of newcomer women, female youth and gender diverse people. A comprehensive portfolio of services include: needs assessment, information and orientation, pre-employment, job search and skills training programs, wellness and mental health supports, community connections and professional networking opportunities; satellite workshops are offered in the North/West end of the GTA.
Employment Type: Relief
Work Hours: Varied as needed
Salary: $22.97 per hour
Location: 222 Dixon Road, Etobicoke, ON M9P 3S5
Application Deadline: Monday, August 15, 2022
• Co-facilitates the delivery of the training program;
• Provides information and referrals as required; liaises with professionals and agencies in the community to facilitate access to services as required by the clients;
• Provides administrative support as required;
• Responds to e-mail and telephone enquiries for the YWCA JUMP program intake and outreach;
• Assist participants registering for training program and services provides external referrals as needed;
Relief Client and Program Support Worker, YWCA JUMP Etobicoke
• Prepares data for CTS and iCARE entries;
• Works with the team in gathering of statistics and record keeping activities.
• In-depth knowledge of an academic or technical discipline normally acquired through completion of a community college diploma (e.g. business administration, commerce or related field) (Cases for Equivalency will be considered);
• 1-3 years directly related work experience;
• Advanced computer skills in Windows, Excel, Internet, spreadsheet and database applications;
• Operates in an environment that has minimal supervision, requires flexibility, adaptability and problem solving skills;
• Knowledge of and ability to trouble shoot computer hardware network connections;
• Superior customer service, verbal and written communication skills;
• Very strong organizational skills and detail-oriented;
• Marketing experience an asset;
• Knowledge of another language an asset (e.g. Somali, Urdu, Hindi).
Vaccination Policy: In accordance with YWCA Toronto’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all YWCA Toronto employees are required to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccination series by October 30, 2021. As a condition of hire, new staff will be required to submit proof of vaccination prior to their first day of work. The YWCA will consider written requests for accommodation under the Human Rights Code on a case by case basis and will accommodate those individuals who are legally entitled to accommodation.
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter and résumé to Dolores Montavez-Ruz, Manager of JUMP Etobicoke and Women in Trades and Technology Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote JOB ID number JUMP735 and your name in the subject line.
Please note: A vulnerable sector police reference check is required by the successful candidate prior to hiring. YWCA Toronto is a unionized workplace. Staff are represented by CUPE Local 2189. This position is not within the Bargaining Unit.
YWCA Toronto promotes the principles of anti-oppression and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women and gender diverse people of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations.
YWCA Toronto provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. YWCA Toronto is a Scent-Sensitive Workplace.