COSTI is a multicultural organization providing settlement, employment and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
The Ralph Chiodo Family Immigrant Reception Centre services are provided in a twenty-four hour, seven days a week residential setting which is a temporary home to up to 100 clients.
This is a non-Union contract position scheduled to work variable hours on need basis to cover Evenings and Overnights
Monday to Friday can be 5:00 pm to 11:00pm (hours can be variable)
Weekend Evenings from 3:00pm to 11:00pm (hours can be variable)
(Overnight from 11:00pm to 07:00am)
- Responsible for the delivery of programs/orientation and counseling services to residents
- Responsible for the provision of interpretation/translation services
- Responsible for the intake/admission, pre-departure services and check-out of residents
- Responsible for the operation of the Centre, which includes responding to emergency situations
- Responsible for office duties such as answering telephones
- Performs housekeeping and kitchen duties
- Community college diploma in community work/human services or equivalent
- Experience working with newcomers and refugees
- Excellent communication skills
- Verbal and written English is required. Preference will be given to those who speak any of the following languages: Arabic, Dari/Farsi, Somali, Amharic, Tigrigna, Spanish, French and Urdu
- Previous experience with interpretation/translation considered an asset
- Sensitive to the needs and issues facing newcomers
This is a full-time Union position scheduled to work 35 hours per week
Duration: December 16, 2019 to March 31, 2020
Starting salary range: $14.64 per hour
Location: 100 Lippincott Street, Toronto
How to Apply:
If you are interested, please quote Reference 122-19 and send your resume with a cover letter to:
Manager, Staffing & Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Toronto, Ontario M6E 3P2
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.