The Refugee Sponsorship Training Program (RSTP) (www.rstp.ca) provides nation-wide services to address the training, information and support needs of groups involved in the Private Sponsorship of Refugees (PSR) and Blended Visa Office Referred (BVOR) programs.
Catholic Crosscultural Services (CCS) is seeking an RSTP Trainer who will be based in Ottawa and will be hired on a permanent basis.
The RSTP Trainer will work as part of the RSTP team and implement the RSTP training and information sharing initiatives and assist refugee sponsors, including Sponsorship Agreement Holders (SAHs), Groups of Five and Community Sponsors, who are involved in the PSR and BVOR programs.
- Work in cooperation with the RSTP Director, the RSTP Manager and other RSTP team members to provide information, training, and other types of support to private refugee sponsors involved in the PSR and BVOR programs in Ottawa and Northern Ontario
- Provide assistance to refugee sponsors (Sponsorship Agreement Holders, Community Sponsors and Groups of five) in understanding criteria to sponsor refugees, navigating the sponsorship process, submitting a successful sponsorship applications, and settling refugees
- Assist in organizing and hosting regional training and networking events for Sponsorship Agreement Holders and other sponsors.
- Prepare training curriculum and presentation materials to support all training activities
- Organize and facilitate online training sessions (webinars) through identifying topics and speakers, promoting and moderating sessions.
- Inform and connect private sponsors with available settlement and integration services
Assist refugee sponsors in reviewing new and returned sponsorship applications
- Continuously monitor, analyze and interpret policy or operational changes affecting the PSR and BVOR programs and incorporate them in the RSTP’s training and information-sharing activities.
- Assist in the promotion of the BVOR program through information sessions, working with local partners and distributing promotional materials
- Respond to telephone and e-mail inquiries from sponsors and potential sponsors in a timely manner
- Assist in the development and updating of existing RSTP materials in both official languages
- Contribute to the development of written materials for posting on the RSTP website.
- Assist in developing and delivering the on-line training program designed for sponsors across Canada
- Share information in various media with the existing and potential sponsorship groups
- Liaise with IRCC, UNHCR, IOM and other NGOs to gather and share information relevant to private sponsors
- Assist in preparing regular internal and external reports detailing project activities and progress
- Provide administrative supports to the project as required
- The minimum level of education required is a Community College Diploma in Social Services or related fields or the equivalent in training and experience.
- Experience in refugee sponsorship or working in the area of refugee protection and or resettlement of refugees.
- Experience with and knowledge of global refugee migration system, Canada’s immigration, resettlement and refugee protection policies, and the PSR and BVOR programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English required; ability to deliver service (both written and oral) in French is desirable. Additional languages are an asset.
- Highly developed skills in preparing and presenting training sessions and supporting materials
- Proven experience in research and analysis of information and presentation in clear and concise language
- Experience in the development of curriculum and materials and delivery of adult education programs to diverse groups and in multiple formats
- Experience with delivering training and network supports in a web-based environment
- Experience in maintaining a website, writing for a website and use of social medial for training and information sharing
- Knowledge or experience in the development of training/informational video is an asset.
- Proven skill in working productively with people with diverse backgrounds
- Ability to travel within Canada and work weekends and evenings as required.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and a cover letter quoting file # ON350 in the subject line no later than Friday February 7th, 2020 to: