For nearly 30 years, Achev has dedicated itself to helping newcomers and Canadians achieve their full potential. Today, we are one of the largest providers of employment, newcomer, language, youth, women, and inclusion services in the Greater Toronto Area. We place each client at the centre of our work. Our wide range of high-quality and personalized programs and services provide people from diverse backgrounds with the resources and guidance needed to achieve their goals. Achev is committed to creating a OneAchev culture - a culture where collaboration, integration, inclusion and belonging are central values.
We are seeking an effective professional with a strong background in the charitable sector, to develop and maintain relationships within the many industries we do business. You'll have the ability to leverage those relationships to identify, cultivate and secure new corporate sponsorship opportunities essential to Achev’s plans for growth and expansion.
As a Senior Manager, Corporate Partnerships, you'll be responsible for managing high-value corporate partnerships and developing long-term, multi-year strategic partnerships. Your role will be to build and execute strategies to support the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of corporate partnerships. As a strong relationship builder, you will actively engage new corporate partners to support Achev’s 5 Core Program and Service pillars.
You will be working collaboratively with the Senior Vice President, Strategic Partnerships and External Relations, our volunteer Corporate Sponsorship committee, and other program and subject area experts on the Achev team. In this role, you will lead the implementation of annual business plans, be responsible for generating and responding to leads and coordinating and supporting the work of the volunteer Corporate Sponsorship and Prospect Review committees.
In this position, you will:
• Build this new Corporate Partnership function within Achev with the guidance of the SVP Strategic Partnerships and External Relations. This role will enable the incumbent to scale and grow as we expand the department plans
• Manage a portfolio of corporate accounts and prospects to achieve personal and team corporate sponsorship goals, focusing on revenue generation opportunities;
• Lead all aspects of the sales cycle for the above including initial contact with current accounts and prospects, developing cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and fulfillment activities that advance each relationship to higher levels of support;
• As part of the corporate sponsorship team, actively research new prospect sources, qualifying all prospects that are presented, determining their fit, relevancy and capacity, and develop customized strategies for engagement.
• Identify, develop, and cultivate corporations, approaching potential partners with the intent to meet their business objectives, while representing all ways to support Achev’s priorities within their 5 Core Program and Service pillars.
• Actively participate in the creation of annual and long-term business development plans for the partnerships;
• Continually replenish prospect pipeline with like-minded corporate brands;
• Develop compelling and customized proposals, presentations, activations and financial reports for prospective partnerships and stewardship and fulfillment reports for secured partnerships;
• Enter all activity in CRM database and create and generate data for reports, ensuring all reports are current and accurate;
• Execute timely cultivation and stewardship activities for corporate sponsors and prospects in collaboration with Achev colleagues; and
• Engage and support business industry volunteer relationships to advance goals.
• A university degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce, marketing or a combination of relevant academic and practical experience;
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in fundraising with a focus on securing and managing corporate sponsorships relationships
• Experience in the Not-for-profit or charitable sector Previous experience developing and executing tactical sales plans;
• Experience supporting senior volunteer relationships to advance goals;
• A strong network of influential industry contacts within the region as well as maintain involvement with applicable regional and national industry and trade associations;
• Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to develop and present strong cases for support;
• MS Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Drive, ambition, and the ability to work collaboratively while holding others accountable;
A track record of successfully achieving or exceeding established quotas and account objectives.
We’re looking to welcome people to our diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier-free. So, if you’re excited about this role or another one, please apply on our website.
Please apply at our website www.achev.ca / About us / Careers