Who we are:
Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants (OCASI) acts as a collective voice for immigrant and refugee-serving organizations and coordinates responses to shared needs and concerns. OCASI is a registered charity governed by a volunteer board of directors and a membership of over 232 community-based organizations in Ontario.
OCASI mission is to achieve equality, access and full participation for immigrants and refugees in every aspect of Canadian life. OCASI prides itself on the highest standard of ethics and compliance with our values, our mission, and vision.
Who you are:
You are passionate about next-generation IT, digital services and communication strategies; working in a non-profit organization, learning, and bringing out the best in others. You must have a comprehensive understanding of digital marketing, website development and design. You will combine team leadership and project management skills with technical know-how to lead our Tech team supporting OCASI’s various digital projects.
OCASI is looking for a Senior Manager, IT and Digital Services to lead our Tech team. Reporting to the Associate Executive Director, you are responsible for the services and programs provided by the Tech Team. OCASI’s digital projects include: e-learning initiatives, several websites, internal organizational databases, a customized client management system, an online national community of practice, and social media channels. Our web development stack focuses on the Drupal CMS and a few custom .Net sites.
- Assess, define and negotiate technology options against requirements (e.g. business objectives and functionality) based on consultations with staff and users as well as technical analysis
- Lead teams and oversee multiple projects to ensure deadlines are met and projects are completed
- Lead digital advertising and promotional campaigns
- Design and improve work processes using Agile principles
- Cultivate an environment of transparent processes, decision making, and documentation
- Help the team develop their skills in project management and effective collaboration
- Responsible and accountable for all IT-related finances, including: managing project budgets, budget forecasting, and periodic financial reporting updates
- Act as a champion for the prioritization of accessibility standards in our digital products
What we are looking for:
- University degree in computer science/technology/project management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 7-10 years of progressive technology-driven management experience
- Experience leading technology-driven transformation
- Strategic skills commensurate with leading IT/digital division including developing policies and procedures/standards/business continuity planning and disaster recovery security plans
- Ability to provide management with technical advice for responding to security risk assessments, security audits, vulnerability/threat and risk assessments and related analysis
- A strong, working knowledge of technical website development processes, able to think through problems and help come up with working solutions.
- Demonstrated experience with full development life cycle of digital services from inception to completion.
- Proven track record understanding full resources needed in a multi-project environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to provide leadership, direction and specialized advice to staff
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to motivate, inspire and grow a team and its members, nurture strong two-way relationships across teams and peers as well as understanding of how to inspire and guide the work of tech team
- Strong interpersonal and conflict-resolution skills
- Ability to communicate diplomatically with varied stakeholders including funders, member agencies, vendors, board members and staff
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving capabilities
- Understanding of communications within a context of equity and social justice, and the intersectionality of oppression is an asset
- Basic understanding of immigrant and refugee issues is an asset
- Experience in the non-profit sector and the ability to speak in French are an asset
Job type: Full-time position based on 35 hrs/week
How to apply:
Send a cover letter and resume with Senior Manager, IT and Digital Services in the title by December 6, 2019 to:
Hiring Committee, OCASI
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and OCASI’s Accessibility policy, OCASI is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.
OCASI is committed to Employment Equity.
Thank you to all applicants for applying; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.