CultureLink is a settlement and community organization with 30 years of experience in developing and delivering services to meet the needs of diverse communities. CultureLink works within an anti-oppression framework and is committed to equity. This is not a bargaining unit position.
CultureLink’s Community Leaders: Engagement of Seniors and Wisdom of the Ages project promotes volunteerism among seniors by offering computer classes, senior abuse prevention workshops, garden therapy and other activities including Parkdale gentrification workshops and a Jane’s Walk tour. The majority of participants speak Tibetan or Tagalog. Many activities take place at the Parkdale Branch of the Toronto Public Library.
The Seniors Facilitator supports the volunteer Seniors Leadership Committee to plan and implement key activities of the project. Maintaining positive relationships with placement students, instructors, local partners and multicultural participants is key to project success. All agency employees are expected to support each other and to collaborate on agency-wide events.
Reports to: Assistant Manager, Parkdale Community Information Centre
- Organize registration of participants, prepare programs and promotional material, and publicize events
- Coordinate senior and youth volunteers and placement students
- Maintain program statistics
Required Work Capacities
- Physical demands: sitting at a desk for computer work (50% of the workday) and meetings; lifting (eg. garden supplies, up to 5 kg); working in an open office
- Non-physical demands: travel for off-site meetings; occasional deadlines; variety of tasks
- Social/emotional demands: teamwork; relationship/network-building; exposure to emotional situations; working closely with the public, with clients and with colleagues
- Cognitive/mental demands: multitasking; organizational ability/time management, adaptability, sound judgement
- One year of work experience in a community services setting
- Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening within the past six months
- Fluency in either Tibetan or Tagalog is a requirement
Compensation: $16.38 - $17.39 per hour plus 4% vacation pay
Hours: As needed, as agreed with the supervisor
Start / End Date:October 14, 2019 to May 13, 2020
How to Apply:
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume qouting CLNU-2019-08 by email on October 11, 2019, 5:00 p.m. to:
The Office Manager