OCISO - Ottawa Community Immigrant Services Organization supports immigrants through the journey of making Canada their home by providing creative and responsive programs that are culturally and linguistically appropriate, by building community through mutual respect and partnerships, and by fostering healthy and inclusive spaces for open dialogue and healing.
The Settlement Outreach Coordinator promotes the integration of immigrants through provision of initial settlement services to individuals and groups, which incorporate cultural considerations and migration experience. Settlement Outreach Coordinator promotes the principles, policies and practices of equity, access and inclusion through the advocacy, engagement and links with other organizations.
- Provide information, orientation and referrals in helping clients to better understand the larger context, the process and factors involved in settlement and integration processes on an individual basis and through group workshops
- Develop and facilitate presentations and workshops on settlement related topics for clients and for community service providers and broader public if requested. Travel to different sites and partner organizations required
- Facilitate and promote the integration of immigrants through provision of a wide range of services, which incorporates cultural considerations and migration experience
- Advocate on behalf of clients and facilitate clients’ access to services and resources
- Represent OCISO at coalitions and community committees, conferences, consultations and public forums
- Sensitize community regarding immigrant issues through cooperative and constructive working relationships with other service providers
- Demonstrate a commitment to OCISO’s culture of respect management approach and anti-racism/anti oppression policy within the work environment and in the community
- Bachelor degree in social work or social sciences, and at least three years related work experience
- Familiarity with issues related to immigrants and refugees and excellent knowledge of community resources
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate with a broad range of stakeholders including community representatives, senior management and politicians
- Excellent group facilitation skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural team environment
- Excellent verbal and written knowledge of English and Arabic - essential, additional languages is an asset
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, database entry, email and use of social media
Salary & Benefits: $43,600 – $47,000 annually. Comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental, an RRSP plan and a generous leave entitlement
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and a resume by 5:00 p.m. on January 24, 2020
Halimah Shaw, H.R. Administrator
Fax: (613) 288-2674
OCISO encourage applications from qualified people of all backgrounds, including women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities.
OCISO is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, OCISO will endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the HR Administrator upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you to all those who respond to this posting. Only those selected for further screening will be contacted. No telephone call inquiries.