TCCSA is seeking one full-time Settlement Services Coordinator to be responsible for the effective delivery of relevant and efficient settlement programs and services at our Toronto and Scarborough Centre that help newcomers to successfully integrate into the Canadian society and workplace.
The details of this job posting are listed as the follows:
Job Title: Settlement Services Coordinator
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours/week (required to work irregular hours including evenings, weekends and some holidays)
Application Deadline: December 1, 2023
Location: In-person, TCCSA Toronto and Scarborough Centre
Salary Range: $57,856 to $60,742 per annum (based on experience)
Comprehensive benefits including health, dental and Group RRSP plan
File #: #23-23
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide leadership and effective management to a team of Settlement and support staff;
• Ensure the quality, effectiveness, and timeliness of programs delivered within area of responsibilities to meet the emerging needs of clients;
• Lead staff members in program development, refinement, delivery, and evaluation to meet emerging client needs for settlement and integration services, program outcomes and also contractual requirements;
• Develop and ensure the implementation of outcome measures for programs and recommend program improvement;
• Supervise program staff and manage staff performance, plan and monitor workflow and outcomes to ensure program targets are met;
• Develop and maintain service delivery partnerships with other community service providers to broaden our outreach to clients, facilitate access to settlement as well as community services, and enhance capacities in meeting client needs;
• Prepare and submit timely and accurate statistical and operation status updates and various program reports to Program Manager and Program Director;
• Provide written status reports including detailed program implementation timelines as requested by Program Manager and Program Director;
• Ensure collection and entry of service data into an agency database and the reporting of all relevant data into iCARE and other funder reporting systems on a regular basis;
• Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate Settlement staff at Toronto and Scarborough Centre;
• Keep up-to-date on issues, polices, legislation affecting newcomers;
• Develop effective and creative promotion and outreach strategies to reach clients and also promote programs and services;
• Ensure in-person and online programs and services are culturally sensitive to service recipients, and support unit goals;
• Establish and maintain excellent working relationship and communication with internal and external groups to provide service to special newcomer groups;
• Monitor day to day program budget, expenditures, purchases of Toronto and Scarborough Centre and use of resources;
• Ensure compliance of policies, standards, guidelines, and quality controls set by TCCSA;
• Work closely with other Service Coordinators to ensure collaborative program delivery and enhance and service coordination;
• To work in all TCCSA service locations as assigned;
• Support and participate in all agency activities, including fundraising initiatives, which may require occasional irregular hours;
• Support Senior Management in preparing funding application;
• Provides early disclosure on issues / risks to Program Manager and Senior Management as appropriate;
• Responsible for carrying out the above responsibilities and all other duties as required by TCCSA.
• University degree or equivalent in Social Sciences or a related discipline;
• Minimum of five years’ experience in settlement and/or community service is required, with at least two years in relevant management role;
• Proven abilities in program organization and community outreach;
• Demonstrated leadership skills with knowledge on motivation, team building, effective decision making, delegation, conflict management, and problem solving;
• Demonstrated skills in leadership, conflict resolution, planning, organization and time management;
• Excellent knowledge and experience in working with diverse cultural and social backgrounds of communities;
• Excellent writing skills and an ability to write for, and make content accessible to all levels of users;
• Excellent knowledge of local systems, services and resources relevant to newcomer settlement;
• Experience in developing and managing effective settlement services for newcomers, and community-based programs and activities;
• Excellent inter-personal skills; demonstrated teamwork experience and ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders and community partners;
• Attention to detail and ability to track multiple projects and deadlines;
• Proficiency in written and spoken English, as well as a second language commonly used by predominant clientele, such as Cantonese, Mandarin;
• Proficiency with OCMS, MS Office, Google Services, Zoom, and other videoconferences, that facilitate work and communication, knowledge in graphic software such as Canva is an asset;
• Knowledge of information-gathering tools and techniques;
• Ability to perform detailed planning, information analysis, and report preparation;
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team;
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including some evenings, weekends and holidays;
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada;
• Proof of a clear “Vulnerable Sector Screening” with a local police service is mandatory;
• Able to travel in the GTA, has a valid Ontario Driver’s license and access to a car is an asset.
Please send resume and cover letter to TCCSA through email: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm on December 1, 2023.
Applicants should quote File #23-23 Settlement Services Coordinator on the application.
We thank you to all those who are interested in this position. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. No telephone call inquiries.
TCCSA is an equal opportunity employer. TCCSA welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.