Immigrant Women Services Ottawa (IWSO), a community-based agency, providing services to immigrant and/or visible minority women in the city of Ottawa, requires a full time Settlement Counselor.
- Assess clients’ needs and formulate action plans relating to their problems of adjustment and integration to a new country, making appropriate referrals if necessary.
- Provide guidance and counseling related to settlement and integration issues.
- Provide information on the resources available to meet their needs, such as, legal services, immigration & citizenship, welfare, rights and responsibilities and child care.
- Facilitate workshops on newcomer orientation and resettlement issues.
- Knowledge of issues affecting immigrant and refugee women.
- A minimum of 2 years working in settlement service
- Bachelor degree in social science or a related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with public relations and public speaking skills
- Innovative, creative and flexible
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work under stress and in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to work within a team
- Proficiency in Arabic, English essential
- Excellent Computer skills -MS Office Suite, Internet, and Database programs etc.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume in confidence by January 11, 2019 to:
Search Committee – Settlement Counselor, 219 Argyle Avenue, Suite 400 Ottawa K2P 2P4
Email: email@example.com Subject: Settlement Counselor
Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted