CCS is a settlement agency providing a wide range of services to immigrants and refugees regardless of race, religion or status.
We are searching for a dynamic and dedicated Settlement Worker to join our team to provide settlement information and referral services to immigrants and refugees in the Region of Toronto.
If you want to apply your skills, experience, and talents to an organization that is making a difference in the lives of newcomers then this is the opportunity for you!
Why join us?
We ensure our employees are reflective of the diverse clientele that we serve. We thrive on supporting our community, performing meaningful work, learning from our colleagues, making a difference and having fun!
What do we offer?
We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive dental and health packages, paid sick time, learning and development opportunities, employee recognition programs, and a great workplace culture.
What you will be doing:
• Provide settlement counselling services, including assessment, information and orientation at CCS offices and other community partner locations.
• Use initial assessment of newcomer families with younger children and children with special needs to develop personalized settlement plans.
• Provide case management and supportive follow-up.
• Facilitate appropriate internal/external referrals to services required by clients that are not provided by the program.
• Organize, plan and facilitate group sessions to address diverse clients’ needs.
• Recruit and engage volunteers in the delivery of group sessions and trainings.
• Develop and implement community outreach plans to promote CCS programs and services and engage isolated newcomers especially women.
• Actively participate in regular team and regional meetings.
• Maintain and update all client information in the OCMS database.
• Prepare and submit timely statistical and progress reports as required.
Meet all program goals as assigned.
What are we looking for?
• Settlement Counselling diploma or equivalent training in the human services field.
• Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in the settlement and/or community work sectors.
• Knowledge of community and social services resources in Toronto Region.
• Must be able to work every Saturday with ability to work flexible hours, including evenings.
• Familiarity with delivering services virtually including training in a web-based environment
CCS is committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the populations we serve. We seek applicants who will strengthen our commitment to diversity, equality, and inclusion. We encourage qualified candidates from Indigenous, Black and other racialized persons, visible minorities, 2SLGBTQIA+ persons, all genders, and persons with disabilities to consider working with and for CCS.
We strongly encourage all those who are interested to apply, even if they do not meet every requirement!
Salary: $27.16 - $28.65 based on experience
Hours: 33 per week, Monday to Saturday / evenings and weekends as required
Please refer to the CCS job portal on https://ccs.sutihr.com/jobs requisition code T420.
Application Deadline: May 7, 2023.
“Vaccination remains the most effective tool to reduce the risk of COVID 19. CCS is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our employees in the workplace, and therefore CCS requires all employees to provide proof of vaccination OR to submit to regular, frequent antigen testing at the expense of the employee.’’
CCS welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
CCS is an equal opportunity employer. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.