Settlement Worker Assistant Required
Employer Vietnamese Association, Toronto
Job Location North York
Job Stream Administrative
Job Type Full-time
Educational Requirements Post secondary
Languages Required English and Tagalog
Start date: January 1, 2023
Location: North York
Rate of pay: $18.86/hour
Established in 1979 as a non-profit, charitable organization with the following mandates:
• To provide settlement and adaptation services to newcomers and help them integrate and participate successfully in Canadian society.
• To promote mutual understanding, tolerance and racial harmony among ethno-cultural communities.
The main duties of the Settlement Worker Assistant will include:
• Greets clients by phone or in person.
• Outreach to the community to promote programs and services.
• Uses a personal computer and a variety of office software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, email, and file management.
• Operates other office equipment such as printers, copy machines, fax machines.
• Files documents and may be responsible for developing or modifying filing practices, including use of electronic rather than paper records.
• Other duties relating to assisting settlement worker
• Fluent in English and Tagalog
Strong interpersonal, organizational skills
• Ability to work with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and emails
• Education level: post secondary
• Experience: preferred but not required
How to apply:
For more information, contact: Lorna Jean Tabulao at email: email@example.com
Send resume to email: firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15, 2022