Vietnamese Association, Toronto is a non-profit, charitable organization serving community since 1979 with the following missions: (a) to provide settlement and adaptation services to immigrants and help them integrate and participate successfully in Canadian society; (b) to promote mutual understanding, tolerance and racial harmony among ethno-cultural communities; and (c) to work for the promotion and preservation of the Vietnamese heritage and culture, and for the enrichment of multiculturalism in Canada.
- Provide settlement counselling services to clients
- Facilitate appropriate referrals and access to services in the community
- Promote settlement services through communities and outreach to newcomers
- Organize, plan and implement workshops, group orientations and information sessions on settlement related issues to newcomers
- Record daily activities as well as prepare and submit accurate and timely statistical and progress reports to management
- Availability to volunteer for community event (Community Picnic, Christmas Gift Distribution, Tet Festival) would be an asset.
- Graduate with degree or diploma in Social Work or equivalent
- Fluent in English and Vietnamese
- Priority will be given to candidates with experience in provide settlement services to newcomers
Starting date: April 1, 2017
Working hours: 28 hours / week, to be arranged within regular office hours which are Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm, less 1 hour for lunch. Evening and weekend work may be required from time to time
Rate of pay: $22.44/hour
Location: 3585 Keele St. Unit 13, North York
How to apply:
Please send resumé and cover letter by February 28, 2017 to:
Please ensure you reference Competition # “CUPE4605-02-2017” in the subject line of your email.