- Ensures house rules are observed.
- Supports the delivery of programs/orientation and services to the residents.
- Responsible for the admission, discharge and profile creation on the database (SMIS and CiS) for new clients.
- Responsible for ensuring welcome packages, welcome files and admission files are ready and prepared regularly.
- Responsible for sorting and distributing mail, including contacting clients.
- Supports the smooth operation of the Centre, which includes responding to emergencies.
- De-escalates non-violent crises, e.g. client altercation, family conflicts.
- Conducts COVID screening and temperature check for clients.
- Conducts regular room checks and wellness checks.
- Provides emergency intervention in case of client illness and calls paramedics if required.
- Communicates in a timely and professional manner with the supervisor regarding any client concerns.
- Document services to clients and incident reports.
- Supports the general office duties such as answering telephones and responding to client issues.
- Provides interpretation services, as required.
- Communicates in a timely and professional manner with the hotel management regarding any client concerns.
- Community college diploma in community work/human services or equivalent.
- Minimum six (6) months fulltime work experience working in a shelters or respite setting
- Excellent communication skills.
- Understanding of issues facing refugees and populations experiencing homelessness
- Demonstrated experience responding to crises and providing supportive counselling.
- Priority consideration will be given to those that speak a second language
- Experience working with refugees is an asset
- Ability to work independently.
- Possession of a valid Naloxone training certificate is required.
- Required to provide a valid Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS) Police check. The VSS must have been completed within the past 6 months.
- Must have valid first aid/ CPR certificate.
- Must be fully vaccinated or be exempt from vaccination on human rights grounds. COSTI reserves the right to require information establishing the validity of the exemption.
This is Union position scheduled to work 35 hours per week, overnight shift (11:00 pm – 7:00 am), mix of weekdays and weekend days
Location: Hwy 401 and Victoria Park, Toronto
Start date: June 23, 2023
Salary range: $39, 843 - $42, 881 per annum + benefits
Closing date: June 22, 2023
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file, by clicking on the below link: