The Centre for Education & Training (TCET) requires a Software Developer, HARTs.
The History for Assessments, Referrals and Training system (HARTs) is a real-time information management system, with its primary features being real-time collection, storage and retrieval of data records, and the generation of statistical reports. The system was developed to provide organizations and stakeholders with an efficient method of client inventory, referral, and statistical information. We require a strong candidate to assist with development and enhancements to the existing HARTs system, along with report generation of customized queries for data analysis.
Reporting to: Manager, HART's Ontario Region
- Develop, write and implement program and procedures for applications and solutions
- Deliver quality applications in a dynamic and fast paced environment; complete assigned tasks within agreed time frame and effort estimates
- Create and prepare ad-hoc report queries for stakeholders connected to the application across Ontario
- Helps to maintain compliance of data collection as it pertains to not only the optimal quality of data in the database but the integrity
- Use of Excel and other programs to complete and deliver finished reports to stakeholders
- Write technical documentation; document applications/solutions delivered, test results achieved and meet project goals
- Participate in testing, debugging and integration of accepted technological solutions
- Assist with the maintenance of the databases relating to Internet Applications
- Assist other team members as required to meet or exceed project goals
- Bachelor degree in a computer science related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be highly proficient in web-based application development and have at least 2 years of professional experience in web based programming using .NET framework.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL server 2000/2005, T-SQL
- Expertise using MS Visual Studio .NET 2005
- Must be familiar with Visual Source Safe
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and research their usability factors
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, interpersonal and time-management skills; project management skills are an asset
- HARTs development experience, or working within a non-profit organization, an asset
This is a Full-time Temporary position
Schedule: Mondays to Fridays 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Hours: 35 hours per week
Annual salary: $48,000 to $51,800 per annum (depending on experience)
Location: Mississauga Sussex location
How to apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter by Tuesday, December 13th, 2016 no later than 4:00 p.m. to:
Grace Scire – Manager, HARTs
The Centre for Education & Training (TCET) is committed to accessibility in employment and to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with AODA, TCET will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring supervisor upon scheduling your interview.
Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.