COSTI REQUIRES A SUMMER ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (CLERICAL SERVICES SUPPORT) FOR ITS BRAMPTON EMPLOYMENT SERVICES LOCATION
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
The Canada Summer Jobs Program provides funding to help employers create summer job opportunities for students. It is designed to focus on local priorities, while helping both students and their communities.
This is a non-Union contract position, part of Canada Summer Jobs, scheduled to work 35 hours per week
• Provides customer service and clerical duties and other activities to support Centre staff and clients.
• Answering phones and greeting clients. Answering program related inquiries and making appropriate referrals.
• Sign-in clients for workshops on sign-in sheet and or in-house computer database.
• Schedule clients for appointments with staff.
• Working with COSTI staff to organize client files and enter client data.
• Help to prepare Centre outreach flyers.
• Support Centre staff when organizing virtual events for employers and clients.
• Makes follow-up calls to clients regarding their job search status – reports feedback to Employment Consultants.
• Makes appointment and workshop reminder calls to clients.
• Search online, print and post recent job postings for clients.
• Data entry of files, forms and other documentation. Photocopying, printing and filing documents as necessary.
• Performing other administrative and clerical duties as assigned.
• Must be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment.
• Preference will be given to those enrolled in a post-secondary Social Services Worker or Administrative Program.
• Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
• Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/ territorial legislation and regulations.
• Experience working with MS Office 2010 with emphasis on Excel and Word.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file, by clicking on the below link.