COSTI REQUIRES A SUMMER ASSISTANT, SOCIAL SERVICES (EMPLOYER AND CLIENT SERVICES SUPPORT) FOR ITS BRAMPTON EMPLOYMENT SERVICES LOCATION
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
The Canada Summer Jobs Program provides funding to help employers create summer job opportunities for students. It is designed to focus on local priorities, while helping both students and their communities.
This is a non-Union contract position part of Canada Summer Jobs program scheduled to work 35 hours per week
• Provides customer service, administrative and clerical duties and other activities to support Centre, staff and clients.
• Support Centre staff when organizing virtual events for employers and clients.
• Search online for employer job postings matching Centre active client list; shares with Employment Consultants and COSTI Online Employer Data base.
• Post employer job posting templates on the job board, forwards to employment consultants and posts on COSTI in house Employer Data base.
• Search online for job fairs and post on the job board for clients and forwards to Employment Consultants.
• Reception duties for employer calls and making referrals to appropriate staff.
• Sign-in clients for workshops on sign-in sheet and/or in-house database.
• Help to prepare Centre outreach flyers.
• Makes follow-up calls to clients regarding their job search status and reports feedback to Employment Consultants.
• Makes appointment and workshop reminder calls to clients.
• Performing administrative and clerical duties as assigned.
• Must be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment.
• Preference will be given to those enrolled in a post-secondary Social Services Worker or Administrative Program.
• Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
• Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/ territorial legislation and regulations.
• Experience working with MS Office 2010 with emphasis on Excel and Word.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters as one file, by clicking on the below link.