COSTI REQUIRES SUMMER ASSISTANT YOUTH FACILITATOR FOR IT’S WESTON EMPLOYMENT SERVICES LOCATION
COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about COSTI, please visit our website at www.costi.org.
The Canada Summer Jobs Program provides funding to help employers create summer job opportunities for students. It is designed to focus on local priorities, while helping both students and their communities.
This is a non-Union contract position scheduled to work 30 hours per week
• Provides employment supports to clients in the resource centre
• Conducts marketing and outreach services to the local community
• Researches, collects and updates information regarding community services and programs
• Research and post community events for clients
• Researches and outreaches to employers and identifies potential opportunities for clients
• Liaises with community organizations
• Delivers flyers in the community
• Search and print recent job postings for clients.
• Must be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment.
• Was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year.
• Intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year.
• Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
• Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/ territorial legislation and regulations.
• Preference will be given to those enrolled in a post-secondary Social Services, Marketing or Communications program.
• Experience working with MS Office 2010 with emphasis on Excel and Word.
LOCATION: 35 King Street, Suite 106
DURATION: June 4, 2018 to July 27, 2018
STARTING SALARY: $14.00 per hour
POSTING DATE: May 15, 2018
CLOSING DATE: May 29, 2018
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters, quoting reference #76-18, to:
Manager, Staffing and Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
Email: email@example.com Fax: 416.658.8537