COSTI is a multicultural organization providing social services, settlement, employment, and language training services. For more information about
please visit our website at www.costi.org.
The Canada Summer Jobs Program provides funding to help employers create summer job opportunities for students. It is designed to focus on local priorities, while helping both students and their communities.
The Seniors Day Program offers valuable respite to caregivers of seniors who have Alzheimer's or other types of dementia, while providing the patient with important cognitive and social stimulation that may slow the disease's progress. The Program, sponsored by the Calabrian Benevolent Association of Ontario is designed for Italian seniors diagnosed with mild Alzheimer’s or dementia.
This is a non-Union contract position scheduled to work 30 hours per week
- Assists and supports program coordinator in planning, developing and facilitating program activities that are enjoyable, meaningful, and beneficial
- Assists in engaging and supporting clients in meaningful conversations and social interactions
- Motivates, encourages and assists clients in participating therapeutic activities including baking, drawing, arts and crafts, exercising and gaming
- Conducts various tasks such as assisting with program set up, and cleaning and sterilizing equipment and maintaining equipment
- Assists in ensuring the safety of clients by adhering to Health & Safety regulations and policies and improving safety practices
- Complies with organizational and program policies and procedures
- Supports and respects clients’ independence, dignity, social, emotional and cultural wellbeing
- Performs additional tasks and duties as assigned or deemed necessary by the General Manager.
- Must be between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
- Preference will be given to those enrolled in a post-secondary Social Services Worker Program
- Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/ territorial legislation and regulations
- Experience working with MS Office 2010 with emphasis on Excel and Word
Duration: July 2, 2019 to August 27, 2019
Salary range: $14.00 per hour
Location: Highway #7 and Islington, Woodbridge
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters, quoting reference 75-19, by June 21, 2019 to:
Manager, Staffing and Orientation
COSTI Immigrant Services
1710 Dufferin Street
COSTI encourages applications from individuals reflecting the diversity of our community. COSTI is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and when requested, will make reasonable effort to accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes when filling positions.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest in COSTI. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.