We are delivering an innovative Summer Program geared to current Language Training clients and their children, with an emphasis on learning activities, leadership development, job preparation, family activities and community engagement. We are currently looking for a Summer Program Language Instructor to provide language instructions to newcomers to Canada.
You will be working with a dedicated team of professionals, who are highly committed to our community and who support employment and settlement needs, develop employer and community partnerships, and are all strong leaders in their fields of expertise.
• TESL qualifications from an accredited program and TESL Ontario Certification
• Minimum two years of classroom experience in the adult LINC/ESL field
• Ability to develop interesting lesson plans to engage learners’ participation in class
• Adapting and revising program in accordance with changing needs of clients, determined by ongoing evaluation, surveys, focus groups and direct feedback
• Enthusiasm, creativity, energy, willingness to think outside the box
• Multi-cultural sensitivity and able to work in a multi-cultural/multi-racial environment
• Success in working with adults of diverse cultural backgrounds
• Proficiency in using common computer applications and web-based tools
• Incorporating computer technology effectively in language instruction
• Ensuring and monitoring high level of client attendance and active participation
• Assisting clients individually with short-term issues and long-term goals as part of an integrated case management approach with the rest of the client engagement team
Please note that this is a part-time 10 - week contract. Start date – June 25, 2018. End date – August 31, 2018.
Interested candidates should email their resume and covering letter as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Summer Program Language Instructor” and your name in the subject line of your email. We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.