OCASI - Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants
NOTE: To be eligible, youth must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment; be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
SettleNet.org/Réseau-Etab.org is a collaborative digital platform that provides immigrant and refugee serving staff and other stakeholders across Canada with a shared online space where they can share, connect, collaborate and learn from each other. Over time it is hoped that activity on the platform will contribute to the delivery of more responsive and coordinated services by service providers and the sector as a whole.
The summer student position provides an opportunity to help with documentation around the platform (support docs, response templates) and help with platform testing and quality assurance (browser testing, etc.), including the French side of the platform.
Specific Position Duties
• Helping with documentation around the platform (support docs, response templates).
• Helping with platform testing and quality assurance (browser testing, etc.), including the French side of the platform.
• Supporting team staff as required on project objectives
• Knowledge and understanding of settlement issues, barriers and information needs of newcomers
• Demonstrated sensitivity to other cultures and ability to outreach to newcomer communities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Well-developed interpersonal and relationship building skills, able to work as a team member in a fast-paced environment
• Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, able to work independently, to meet tight deadlines and
• Bilingual (French) is an asset
How to apply
Send a cover letter and resume with Summer Student – SettleNet.org/Réseau-Etab.orgin the title by June 11th, 2021 to: Hiring Committee, OCASI at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OCASI is committed to Employment Equity. OCASI hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We especially welcome applications from members of racialized groups, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientations and gender identities and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We are committed to achieving full accessibility for persons with disabilities by arranging for any necessary accommodations.
We thank all applicants for applying however, we regret only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.