Catholic Community Services of York Region (CCSYR) is a non-profit social service agency providing programs and services to culturally diverse clients and their families in York Region. CCSYR is seeking a SWIS Program Manager who will be a key member of CCSYR’s senior management team and responsible to promote, develop and coordinate the Settlement and Education Partnership in York Region (SEPYR) Program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the Director to ensure CCSYR is delivering relevant and culturally competent services by addressing the needs of immigrants and refugees in York Region
• Develop, implement, and evaluate long-term and short-term program plans to meet newcomer community needs for settlement services
• Proactively create and maintain effective workflow and communications, plan, develop, and supervise all aspects of SWIS’s SEPYR program
• Recruit, hire, train, supervise and evaluate a team of Settlement Workers in Schools in the performance of their duties in accordance with the agency’s Human Resources Policies and Procedures Manual. Conduct annual performance evaluations
• Manage program delivery to meet program outcomes and contractual agreements
• Coordinate SWIS workers’ daily schedules
• Conduct program evaluations as required by funding contracts and CCSYR policies
• Coordinate services delivered by program employees at various school and off-site locations
• Prepare and submit accurate and timely statistics and program reports as required
• Monitor, approve and submit employee attendance, and expense reports
• Ensure the confidentiality of all client and agency files and documentation
• Develop and maintain partnerships with other community service providers
• Ensure collection and entry of service data into the agency database and the reporting of all relevant data into iCARE and other funder reporting systems on a regular basis
• Monitor the program budget
• Ensure the recruitment, training and supervision of volunteer peer leaders
• Ensure that employees and volunteers comply with CCSYR policies and procedures
• Provide professional and administrative support to the SEPYR Steering Committee
• Work with CCSYR Program Managers to ensure collaborative client service and program delivery
• Collaborate with peers in other agencies and community professionals in implementing services for clients
• Promote the agency’s programs in the school boards and the community to build awareness
• Research, prepare and write grant proposals and submits to the Director for review
• Ensure workplace, services, and activities comply with all health & safety, regulatory, and other legislated requirements
• Demonstrate a commitment to CCSYR’s culture of respect management approach within the work environment and in the community
• Participate in agency fundraising activities as deemed appropriate and necessary by Senior Management.
• Attend required agency activities and meetings
• Perform other duties as assigned
• University Degree in Social Sciences, Humanities, or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field
• A minimum of 3 years of managerial experience, preferably in settlement service sector
• Demonstrated interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills required to work with clients, team members and the general public
• Excellent problem solving, decision-making skills, organizational skills, and project management skills
• Proficiency in budgeting, program development, delivery, and evaluation, preferably in a community-based setting
• Proven ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural team environment
• Knowledge of local systems, services, resources relevant to newcomer settlement
• Knowledge of settlement issues and barriers experienced by newcomers
• Must have ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a team and to meet strict deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to integrate in-depth knowledge of equity, access and support into all aspects of program and policy development
• Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate with a broad range of stakeholders from community representatives to partner agencies and program funders
• Proficiency with MS Office, Word, PowerPoint, database applications, Internet applications and social media
• A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Criminal Records check
• A valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and relevant insurance
• Excellent verbal and written skills in English are essential and second language is an asset
Location: York Region
Hours: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
Interested individuals are requested to submit their resume and cover letter by January 27, 2023 to HesikaKandiah@sehc.com . Please indicate in the subject line: Your name – SWIS Program Manager.
We thank all applicants; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Note: As part of the initial recruitment process, applicants must confirm that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), accommodations are available on request to individuals with disabilities who are invited for interview and assessment. Catholic Community Services of York Region provides training to all employees, volunteers, agents and/or contractors who deal with the public or other third parties that act on behalf of.