Catholic Crosscultural Services - CCS is a settlement agency providing a wide range of services to immigrants and refugees regardless of race, religion or status. CCS is the lead agency for the Toronto East Quadrant Local Immigration Partnership (TEQ LIP), an initiative that supports collaboration and community-based planning and action around the needs of newcomers. We are looking to hire a full-time LIP Officer for 3 months leave replacement contract to support the work of the TEQ LIP Project.
- Work productively with the team of LIP staff in order to collectively accomplish the goals of the TEQ LIP Project
- Deliver project activities as assigned, with main focus on implementing our Welcoming Communities Initiative, including preparation and facilitation of Action Groups, community meetings, and partner engagement
- Build relationships with residents, neighbourhood leadership, faith groups, service providers and other stakeholders in Scarborough
- Assist with development and implementation of Scarborough Settlement Strategy, work plan and related activities
- Assist with organizing and implementing TEQ LIP events and workshops
- Assist with implementation of a communication strategy, including social media postings, to ensure project activities and related information is clearly communicated among partners and to the community
- Assist in development and maintenance of project website, newsletter and other communication materials
- Conduct research and needs assessments as needed to support project activities
- Assist the LIP Manager to ensure project activities are delivered in accordance with the project policies and guidelines
- Prepare and submit monthly statistic and progress reports.
- Social Work, Community Development or related degree from a recognized institution or equivalent training in the Human Services field
- Front-line community work experience with newcomer populations an asset
- Demonstrated ability and experience to build and maintain partnerships with service providers both in the settlement sector and among non-settlement community agencies
- Sensitivity and awareness of culturally, racially, economically and socially diverse communities, especially issues affecting newcomers
- Extensive knowledge of community issues, resources and services in Scarborough
- Knowledge, understanding and sensitivity to issues and policies affecting immigrant and refugee communities
- Excellent leadership, communication, planning, interpersonal, facilitation and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of program and outcome evaluation an asset
- Ability to work productively in an MS Office environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; fluency in French is an asset
- Demonstrated cross-cultural communication skills with participants, agencies and the public
- Ability to work flexible hours which include evenings and weekends
- This position requires extensive travel within Toronto. Possession of a valid Ontario Driver’s License and use of a car is an asset
Hours per week: 35, including evenings and weekends as required
Contract Duration: Appx. December 2, 2019 – February 28, 2020
Salary: $29.39 per hour plus 4% vacation
How to Apply:
Please submit cover letter and resume quoting file# T312 no later than 5:00 pm on Nov. 20, 2019 to:
Email: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Catholic Crosscultural Services welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. CCS is an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you to all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.