TEQ LIP Communication & Research Facilitator
FT Contract, 35hrs/week until March 2024
CCS is a settlement agency providing a wide range of services to immigrants and refugees regardless of race, religion or status. CCS is the lead agency for the Toronto East Quadrant Local Immigration Partnership (TEQ LIP), an initiative that supports collaboration and community-based planning and action around the needs of newcomers in Scarborough. We are currently looking to fill the open position of TEQ LIP Communication & Research Facilitator to support the work of the TEQ LIP Project.
• Work productively with the team of TEQ LIP staff in order to collectively accomplish the goals of the TEQ LIP Project
• Conduct demographic research with main focus on supporting TEQ LIP’s strategic priorities and response to emerging needs (Covid-19, Afghan and Ukrainian Crisis) and Equity, Diversity and Inclusion work
• Scan emerging research, develop and produce relevant research briefs and updates for TEQ LIP members
• Contribute to the development of a Scarborough Partnership and Settlement Outcomes Dashboard
• Conduct research and needs assessments as needed to support project activities
• Update and implement the TEQ LIP communication strategy with particular focus on supporting the work of TEQ LIP’s response to emerging crises (Covid-19, emerging refugee crises) and Equity, Diversity and Inclusion work
• Assist with development and implementation of Scarborough Settlement Strategy, action plan and related activities
• Facilitate TEQ LIP’s contribution to the Toronto InterLIP networks’ Equity, Diversity and Inclusion work
• Assist in development and maintenance of project website, newsletter, e-blast, social media and general TEQ LIP presence online
• Work with service providers, consultants, residents, neighbourhood leadership, faith groups and other stakeholders in Scarborough in implementation of activities
• Identify possible areas of resources and action, assist with project evaluation and provide recommendations for improvement
• Assist the LIP Manager to ensure project activities are delivered in accordance with the project policies and guidelines
• Prepare and submit monthly statistic and progress reports.
• Social Science, Public Policy, Community Development or related degree from a recognized institution or equivalent training and experience
• Demonstrated skills and experience conducting research; knowledge of different research and data analysis methodologies and tools
• Knowledge, understanding and sensitivity to issues and policies affecting immigrant and refugee communities
• Good knowledge of communication strategies, social media, and other communication tools
• Knowledge of community issues, resources and services in Scarborough is an asset
• Sensitivity and awareness of culturally, racially, economically and socially diverse communities, especially issues affecting newcomers
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Knowledge of program and outcome evaluation an asset
• Ability to work productively in an MS Office environment; experience planning and facilitating virtual meetings
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; fluency in French is an asset.
• Demonstrated cross-cultural communication skills with participants, agencies and the public
• Ability to work flexible hours which include evenings and weekends
• This position requires travel within Toronto. Possession of a valid Ontario Driver’s License and use of a car is an asset.
Hours: 35 full time, including evenings and weekends as required
Salary: 52,000 – 55,000/year pro-rated
How to apply:
Please refer to CCS job portal on: https://ccs.sutihr.com/jobs to requisition code T388 no later than January 20, 2023.
‘’ Vaccination remains the most effective tool to reduce the risk of COVID 19. CCS is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our employees in the workplace, and therefore CCS requires all employees to provide proof of vaccination OR to submit to regular, frequent antigen testing at the expense of the employee.’’
CCS is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.