Trainer with the Refugee Sponsorship Training Program (RSTP Trainer) based in New Brunswick
Catholic Crosscultural Services (CCS) is a settlement agency providing a wide range of services to immigrants and refugees regardless of race, religion or status. The Refugee Sponsorship Training Program (RSTP) is administered by the CCS. RSTP provides nation-wide services to address the training, information and support needs of groups involved in the Private Sponsorship of Refugees (PSR) and Blended Visa Office Referred (BVOR) programs.
CCS is seeking a RSTP Trainer who will be based in New Brunswick and will be delivering RSTP services to private refugee sponsorship groups in New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island.
The RSTP Trainer will work as part of the RSTP team and implement the RSTP training and information sharing initiatives and assist refugee sponsors, including Sponsorship Agreement Holders (SAHs), Groups of Five and Community Sponsors, who are involved in the PSR and BVOR programs.
• Work in cooperation with the RSTP Director, the RSTP Manager and other RSTP team members to provide information, training, and other types of support to private refugee sponsors involved in the PSR and BVOR programs in NB and PEI
• Provide assistance to refugee sponsors (Sponsorship Agreement Holders, Community Sponsors and Groups of five) in understanding criteria to sponsor refugees, navigating the sponsorship process, submitting successful sponsorship applications, and settling refugees
• Assist in organizing and hosting regional training and networking events for Sponsorship Agreement Holders and other sponsors.
• Prepare training curriculum and presentation materials to support all training activities
• Organize and facilitate online training sessions (webinars) through identifying topics and speakers, promoting and moderating sessions.
• Inform and connect private sponsors with available settlement and integration services
• Assist refugee sponsors in reviewing new and returned sponsorship applications
• Continuously monitor, analyze and interpret policy or operational changes affecting the PSR and BVOR programs and incorporate them in the RSTP’s training and information-sharing activities.
• Assist in the promotion of the BVOR program through information sessions, working with local partners and distributing promotional materials
• Respond to telephone and e-mail inquiries from sponsors and potential sponsors in a timely manner
• Increase visibility of the RSTP services in NB and PEI through outreach, promotional activities and engagement with local partners and stakeholders
• Share information in various media with the existing and potential sponsorship groups
• Assist in preparing regular internal and external reports detailing project activities and progress
• Provide administrative supports to the project as required
• The minimum level of education required is a Community College Diploma in Social Services or related fields or the equivalent in training and experience.
• Experience in refugee sponsorship or working in the area of refugee protection and/or resettlement of refugees.
• Experience with and knowledge of global refugee protection systems, Canada’s immigration, resettlement and refugee protection policies, and the PSR and BVOR programs.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Professional proficiency in French is a strong asset.
• Highly developed skills in preparing and presenting training sessions and supporting materials.
• Proven experience in research and analysis of information, and presentation in clear and concise language.
• Experience in the development of curriculum and materials and delivery of adult education programs to diverse groups and in multiple formats.
• Experience with delivering training sessions in a virtual format using online platforms.
• Knowledge or experience in the development of training/informational video is an asset.
• Proven skill in working productively with people with diverse backgrounds
• Ability to travel within NB and PEI and occasionally to other destinations in Canada, and ability to work during weekends and evenings as required.
Location: New Brunswick
Reports to: RSTP Manager
Salary: Between $57,000 to $59,000 per annum
Hours of work: 35 hours per week, including evenings, weekends and occasional overtime as required.
How to apply:
Please refer to CCS job portal on: https://ccs.sutihr.com/jobs requisition code NB306, and submit a resume and a cover letter through the job portal no later than October 16, 2022.
‘’ Vaccination remains the most effective tool to reduce the risk of COVID 19. CCS is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our employees in the workplace, and therefore CCS requires all employees to provide proof of vaccination OR to submit to regular, frequent antigen testing at the expense of the employee.’’
CCS is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.