WoodGreen's Transportation program provides transportation services to seniors and adults with disabilities throughout the community. The program delivers safe and reliable scheduled transportation to individuals or groups of clients, and provides support to the Food Services program. The program also serves Toronto Ride clients as needed based on the partnership agreement.
What You Will Do:
• Operate vehicle safely and efficiently according to relevant legislation, policies, and procedures.
• Perform daily safety and maintenance checks.
• Ensure the vehicle is safely and securely stored.
• Advise the Management of any requirements for maintenance or repairs.
• Drive agency vehicle to transport clients according to the scheduled arrangements.
• Assist clients in and out of the vehicle and escort clients to their main door or front lobby.
• Fold and store assistive devices and secure oxygen tanks in a safe manner.
• Provide any necessary assistance to ensure that the client’s seatbelts are properly fastened.
• Work cooperatively with Transportation schedulers, volunteers, and WoodGreen /Toronto Ride staff.
• Provide support to the Food Services Program including the delivery of meals.
• Provide support in the pickup and delivery of packages as required.
• Provide service to client in a respectful and considerate manner.
• Provide all necessary assistance to ensure clients comfort and safety in emergencies.
• Ensure to keep all clients information in strict confidence.
• Ensure the anti-racism objectives and community development principles of the organization are achieved within the program.
What You Bring to the Team:
• Valid Class G, B, or F Ontario driver’s licence required.
• Clean Ministry of Transportation Driver’s Abstract required.
• Minimum of three (3) years of driving experience.
• Previous experience working with frail seniors and/or persons with physical and or cognitive disabilities would be an asset.
• Physically able to assist clients (arm support), fold walkers and wheelchairs and place in the vehicles, and assist with grocery shopping and delivery bags.
• Effective September 7, 2021, all newly hired employees will be required to provide proof that they have completed an approved course of vaccination against COVID-19 at least 14 days prior to commencing employment or provide documentation to support an exemption based on grounds covered by the Ontario Human Rights Act (i.e. Medical exemption).
What Will Set You Apart:
• Calm, patient, warm, and non-judgmental approach and demeanor.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Sensitive to the needs of seniors and individuals with disabilities.
• Comfortable working with clients and staff from diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
• Knowledge of basic daily vehicle maintenance.
• Training in defensive driving is an asset.
• Knowledge of the geographical area of the City of Toronto and surrounding areas.
How to Apply:
Please follow this link: