The Findhelp|211 Central team is hiring! We're looking for people who are passionate about addressing the systemic barriers that create inequities across our social service systems and creating connections and solutions to build strong communities.
Findhelp|211 Central is looking for someone who is excited to join a growing non-profit organization with a wide range of innovative technical platforms and solutions and will prioritize the technical support needs of our partners and staff.
WHO WE ARE
At Findhelp|211 Central, we connect people to government and community services (we call these human services), helping them lead engaged, healthy lives and pulling many out of poverty. Human service systems are becoming smarter and more complex. We’re constantly innovating to keep up with these changing demands so that everyone has access to the services they need: to create connections and solutions to build strong communities.
We’re proud of our people and culture! Our workplace is focused on balance, engagement and a healthy environment. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice and we do the work to make that happen.
Working at Findhelp means more than 9 to 5:
* Emphasis on work/life balance with 35 hour work weeks.
* This position is an on-site position with flexible hours and the opportunity to work remotely as part of our hybrid environment
* Compensation for overtime and on-call hours worked.
* Excellent benefits package
Most importantly, you’ll be engaged and supported to learn and grow your career and you’ll make a difference in our region, our province and across Canada.
* Support staff and partners to identify, understand and implement technical solutions to onsite and remote issues, including on-call support (desktop support, technical troubleshooting, system failures).
* Provide technical support and troubleshooting to end-users in a Microsoft Windows environment.
* Install, configure, and maintain desktop software and hardware, including operating systems, productivity software, and peripherals.
* Monitor and maintain computer systems, including updates, patches, and backups.
* Set up and maintain user accounts and permissions, including password resets and access control.
* Set up hardware and software (user/AD accounts, MS licensing, imaging of hardware, etc.) for staff
* Respond to help desk requests and provide remote assistance as needed.
* Document and track support requests and resolutions using help desk software (ConnectWise).
* Provide end-user training and support on software applications and system usage.
* Evaluate and recommend new hardware and software solutions to improve system performance and functionality.
* Maintain inventory of all hardware and software assets and perform routine equipment audits.
* Collaborate with IT team members and software vendors to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues.
* Ensure compliance with security policies and procedures, including antivirus and malware protection.
* Support users of our contact centre software and information management systems.
* Effectively communicate questions and solutions with emphasis on outcomes.
* Assisting in general facility maintenance and operations.
* Other related duties as assigned.
The User and Technical Support staff will be curious and open minded with strong interpersonal and communication skills. You’ll want to be part of the design process and enjoy communicating directly with those using the tools we create and support. You’ll welcome new opportunities to make a difference in the world and further our vision – People Connected. Communities Strengthened.
You’ll join us with the following skills and experience:
* Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, where you are able to articulate yourself clearly and work well with others to resolve complex issues.
* Strong customer service focus including professionally assisting users with technical issues.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems and related technologies.
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite and other commonly used software applications.
* Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software issues and resolve them quickly.
* Proficiency in configuring and maintaining desktop hardware, including peripherals and mobile devices.
* Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to analyze information to make informed decisions.
* Knowledge of networking technologies (including switches, firewalls) and protocols, including TCP/IP and DNS.
* Understanding of security best practices, including antivirus and malware protection.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
* Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and processes.
* 2-5 years of experience in user and technical support
* B.SC. or equivalent experience
* Able to quickly adapt to changing requirements, prioritize and multitask
* Bilingual (English/French) is an asset
Please highlight your experience with any of the following:
* Google Workspace
* Active Directory/MS Licensing
* Azure Management
* PowerBI/Data Analysis tools
$61,607.00 annually with additional pay for on-call coverage and on-call tickets.
Applicants will be reviewed as received until suitable candidates are found. Please provide a cover letter with a description of what interests you about this opportunity and the assets that you would bring to this role and your resume to:
Cristina Umana, HR and Administration Manager
This position is part of CUPE Local 3173.
May 10, 2023
Findhelp|211 Central believes in a workplace culture of inclusion that is welcoming, respectful, safe and empowering for all staff. It is critical to our success to eliminate barriers and promote the inclusion of equity groups. Equity groups have been, and continue to be, underrepresented and marginalized in the workforce, leadership roles, and in some specific occupations. Equity groups include but may not be limited to Indigenous persons, racialized people, gender diverse people, 2SLGBTQIA+ people, and people with disabilities.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Findhelp|211 Central policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Findhelp|211 Central recruitment process.
We thank all applicants and will contact the individuals selected for an interview. No phone calls please.