Settlement Assistance and Family Support Services is a trusted not-for-profit social services agency that has been serving and advocating for newcomers, refugees and victims of all types of violence since 1989. The need to address Violence against Women was the seed of the organization's establishment. However, while the organization was initially founded to support women and children who were victims of domestic violence, it has since evolved and expanded its services to support other identified needs. Our trained staff provide a range of services to a diverse, multi-cultural and multi-lingual community in a responsible and professional manner in a safe non- judgmental and confidential environment that fosters trust, respect and collaboration.
• Assist to ensure daily quality implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Gender-based violence- related projects and interventions.
• Engage with the community and community representatives to understand needs and gaps in Gender-based violence programming.
• Assist with supporting Gender-based violence cases received at the center and identified in the community through the provision of case management services to respond to the needs of clients, and provide them with information and resources to access services and make appropriate referrals to other service providers if required.
• Use trauma informed approach in serving survivors/clients
• Ensure strict adherence to confidentiality for all case-related information; protect the identities of clients in the design and implementation of all activities.
• Help assess the knowledge and utilization of health and other services available for survivors of GBV.
• Ensure updated filing and documentation of Gender-based violence cases
• Alert VAW/GBV Leader/Manager of any gaps in process, tools, or staff capacities to meet the needs of clients or ensure confidentiality and survivor-centered care.
• Engage in continuous professional development for the purposes of increasing the quality and depth of your work.
• Collaborate with VAW Manager, Mental Health Support Worker as needed.
• Coordinate, develop and write program proposals
• Availability for some evening and weekends as needed
• Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers Certificate
• Post-secondary degree in counselling
• Good understanding of the dynamics of abuse and of the systemic nature of violence against women and marginalized people.
• Preferred spoken language in English, Tamil and/or Hindi
• Experience working effectively and in a non-judgmental manner with clients from different cultures, ethnicity, and socio-economic backgrounds.
• Experience with program evaluation and report writing.
• A trauma-informed practice approach.
• Knowledge of culturally competent practices.
• Experience working in the non-profit sector
• Ability to work flexible hours.
• Good working knowledge of the Local, Provincial, and Federal legislation and regulations as relevant to the work.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively across programs and with community partners.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office suite.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Successful results of criminal records check.
• Strong knowledge of SAFSS programs and services.
Reports to: Manager, Family, Health & Volunteer Development
This is a part-time position, based on a 15-hour week schedule from Monday to Friday.
Submit your resume & cover letter to: email@example.com
Settlement Assistance & Family Support Services is an equal opportunity employer and committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To request accommodation, please contact the HR department at SAFSS.
Only applicants who will be interviewed are contacted.