Catholic Crosscultural Services - CCS is a settlement agency providing a wide range of services to immigrants and refugees regardless of race, religion or status.
We are searching for a dynamic and dedicated Virtual Services & Access Navigator to focus on supporting newcomer clients to get familiar, understand, be able, and comfortable using virtual and remote services, in addition to improving digital literacy skills.
Why join us?
We ensure our employees are reflective of the diverse clientele that we serve. We thrive on supporting our community, performing meaningful work, learning from our colleagues, making a difference and having fun!
What do we offer?
We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive dental and health packages, paid sick time, learning and development opportunities, employee recognition programs, and a great workplace culture.
- Provide all newly registered program participants with digital literacy orientation to facilitate participation and comfort-level in using online learning tools such as Avenue and Zoom
- Screen and assess program participants’ digital literacy level, access to devices, and comfort using computers
- Provide digital literacy orientation and support in group and one-on-one sessions
- Support with the development and enhancement of online resources for delivery of language skills
- Develop and maintain digital literacy resources to support newcomers with online access
- Connect clients to settlement workers and other CCS programs as per eligibility, language, and identified needs
- Develop and execute outreach plans to promote the program and recruit participants
- Work collaboratively with the CCS and LINC teams to coordinate the delivery of activities
- Provide recommendations for improvement, development and/or expansion of the program to ensure proactive response to clients’ changing needs
- Perform administrative duties including data collection, data entry and data management as required
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely statistical, narrative, and program progress reports
- Participate in regular team meetings
- Work 5 days in person between 2 locations in Scarborough (1200 Markham Rd and 2206 Eglinton Ave)
- Social Work degree or Settlement Counselling diploma from recognized institution or equivalent education and experience in a Human Services field as asset
- A minimum of two years’ experience in client facing role in a community setting
- Demonstrated comfort and agility using various virtual service outlets, such as website chat, social media, messaging platforms, online training platforms and videoconferencing tools.
- Knowledge of Language Training platforms, e.g. Avenue.ca, Moodle, EduLink, Tutela and data management system such as OCMS
- Experience serving clients in an online and in person environment using a variety of tools
- Proven experience working with clients from diverse cultural, linguistic, and educational backgrounds
- Thorough understanding and demonstrated commitment to principles of equity, anti racism and anti oppression
- In depth understanding of barriers and challenge facing newcomers
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant community resources & initiatives
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Creative, client centred, solution focused and result oriented
- Demonstrated willingness to work in a flexible manner in order to meet shifting priorities
- Good organizational and time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes occasional evening and weekend hours
- Excellent oral and written English skills are required
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, Outlook and internet applications
Compensation: $26.00 to $27.44 based on experience
Hours of work: 35 per week, including evening and weekend hours as required
How to apply:
Please refer to the CCS job portal on https://ccs.sutihr.com/jobs requisition code T427.
Application Deadline: June 14, 2023
CCS is committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of the populations we serve. We seek applicants who will strengthen our commitment to diversity, equality, and inclusion. We encourage qualified candidates from Indigenous, Black and other racialized persons, visible minorities, 2SLGBTQIA+ persons, all genders, and persons with disabilities to consider working with and for CCS.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.