Are you a young person looking for a rewarding summer job? NYWC is recruiting peer support workers for Summer 2023. Full-time for up to 16 weeks. $18.00 per hour.
- Provide active listening and emotional support to women (self-identified) contacting the Centre
- Provide appropriate information, referral and practical support to help women meet their immediate needs
- Help women to access resources by advocating for them and supporting them to advocate for themselves
- Help women to access support virtually by strengthening their digital skills and literacy
- Assist program team members with intake, program delivery and participant follow up
- Plan and deliver activities and workshops on issues relevant to women
- Ensure that information on women's needs, services provided and outcomes achieved are entered into a database accurately and in a timely manner
- Work collaboratively with other members of the staff team, providing assistance as needed
- Actively participate in team meetings and organization-wide activities
- Understanding of issues impacting women and community resources available to support them
- Ability to provide in-person and remote support to women who may have minimal digital literacy skills
- Superior comfort level in working remotely and on-site to help women to access services remotely
- Superior self-discipline and organizational, project and time management skills
- Ability to work independently, autonomously and with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively in a remote team environment with diverse communities of women
- Proficient in using computer applications, mobile technology and online/cloud-based platforms
- Education and/or experience in social services, community development, life skills or equivalent
- Proven commitment to anti-racism/anti-oppression, feminism and social justice
- Strong communication skills, willingness to go the extra mile, and a healthy sense of humour
- Between 15 and 30 years of age on the first day of employment
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred for the duration of employment. International students are not eligible.
- A valid social insurance number and legally entitled to work in Canada
- Able to work continuously for 16 weeks between April 24 and September 1, 2023
- NYWC welcomes diversity and encourages applications from equity-seeking groups.
Please advise if you have accessibility needs that require accommodation in the recruitment process.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be notified.
Please apply via Charity Village using the link below