The Toronto Youth Job Corps - TYJC program’s goal is to provide Scarborough youth (ages 16-29) with the opportunity to develop essential skills thus enhancing their level of employability. Through intense case management, life and employment skills training, career exploration, on-going coaching and counseling, and job placements the participants are to improve their own situation by being able to obtain and maintain employment, return to school or further training.
Responsible for the development and maintenance of placement opportunities for TYJC participants. Ensures that all work is carried out within the context of the agency’s Mission statement, board approved policies and organizational practices.
- Obtains and secures 16 week placements for program participants in a variety of appropriate settings
- Conducts employment skills workshops: Health and Safety, Employment Standard, Job Search
- Helps participants with the development of resumes
- Ensures employers meet program standards
- Assists in the recruitment of new clients through community outreach
- Assists program participants in developing and achieving employment goals and objectives
- Monitors participants while on worksite and resolves work related issues
- Coaches and motivates youth during their placement searches as well as in placement to ensure a successful outcome (placement retention)
- Participates in community events, job fairs, and information sessions either with or without participants to develop opportunities for program clients
- Maintains statistical information and provides reports as required by supervisor
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and training as required
- Participates in and supports agency-wide and program specific fundraising initiatives
- Other duties may be assigned
- Post-secondary education and/or equivalent experience
- Strong familiarity with community partners, employers and stakeholders within Toronto and surrounding communities
- Demonstrated ability to assist individuals in problem solving and addressing their barriers to employment
- The knowledge, skill and ability to perform duties with little on the job training
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Computers skills
- Car an asset
Terms: This is a full-time, contract position until September 25, 2020 (extended upon continued funding & job performance)
Salary is commensurate with experience. Extended Benefits Plan after 6 months continued employment.
How to apply:
If you meet the requirements and you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume referencing “Work Placement Supervisor - TYJC” in the subject line of your email to:
Jolanta Styla, Program Director
Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The West Scarborough Neighbourhood Community Centre - WSNCC is committed to reflecting the communities we serve and to nurturing a respectful and inclusive work environment for all. We encourage qualified applicants of all ages, races, colours, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, gender identities and sexual orientations to apply. Candidates invited for an interview are encouraged to inform the Program Director in confidence of their accommodation requirements.