Position Title: Workplace Coordinator
Organization Structure: Reports to the Senior Programs Coordinator
Job Status: Full-time (must be able to work varied shifts - days, evenings, weekends)
Number of Positions: 1
Location: Toronto Pearson Airport
Wage: $26.93/hour for 40 hours/week
This is a Bargaining Unit Position.
Be a part of Polycultural Immigrant and Community services! Founded in 1993, Polycultural is dedicated to hosting an open and inclusive environment for all. We are a multicultural melting-pot perfectly reflecting Canada’s diversity. We are like a family, have a culture filled with care and genuine connection with a very inclusive environment for all. With a diverse range of programs and services, we help individuals and families build a brighter future in Canada. Serving clients from over eight different locations across the GTA and Orangeville in more than 20 languages.
Polycultural offers a comprehensive benefits, including paid time off at Christmas (for eligible employees), employer paid Extended Health and Dental, RRSP match, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and WorkPerks!
Oversee the Port of Entry (POE) Airport services activities. Supporting the resettlement of government assisted refugees and privately sponsored refugees upon their arrival to Canada. This will include the provision of immediate and essential services such as assisting in landing papers, transportation to the final destination, coordinating with reception centers, and coordinating with CBSA and transportation contractors. Under the direction of the Program Manager (PM) and Program Coordinator (PC), you will ensure service delivery during the day, evening and/or weekends. Ensure that all scheduled employees have tasks assigned.
- Update the PM and PC with all airport activities
- Work with the Admin Assistant on updating the records with new or revised Notifications of Arrivals, communicate with the On Call Resettlement Counsellors (airport staff), related departments, and organizations regarding changes or cancellations
- Ensure that all scheduled employees reported to work as planned
- Coordinate with scheduled airport staff to ensure that all arrivals are received and services are provided
- Support refugee arrivals at the airport, including escorting, interpreting, and supporting in completion of declarations and other paper work
- Assist refugees to go through CBSA, IRCC, and PHAC
- Responsible for arranging transportation to the final destination
- Provide comprehensive information to refugees about POE and RAP services
- Communicate any emergency situations to the PM and PC
- Communicate any changes in arrival with the related RAP center
- Responsible for arranging and maintaining Polycultural’s office at the Airport in good operation
- Assist airport staff to have access to secured facilities to perform their duties
- Ensure that transportation to the destination is provided to all clients
- Create and maintain partnerships with IRCC, GTAA, CBSA, PHAC, IOM, Service Canada, and transportation partners
- Enter information into the database system in a timely manner
- Prepare daily reports and other reports as assigned
- Distribute winter clothing to clients during the assigned period
- Other duties as assigned
Planning & Organizing/Time Management
Establishes a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure the accomplishment of a specific objective. Sets priorities, goals, and timetables to achieve maximum productivity.
Applies and improves extensive or in-depth specialized knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to accomplish one's job effectively.
Thinks carefully about the likely effects on others of one's words, actions, appearance, and mode of behavior. Selects the words or actions most likely to have the desired effect on the individual or group in question.
The ability to manage your own actions effectively and responsibly, well-being and time to achieve organizational goals, self-improvement, and personal growth. To maintain an effective work/life balance in response to a stressful, challenging, and dynamic work environment.
Drive for Results
Demonstrates concern for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence. Shows a passion for improving the delivery of services with a commitment to continuous improvement.
Uses a variety of communication styles and strategies to foster open communications, the exchange of information, and discussion on an ongoing basis.
Understands agendas and perspectives of others, recognizing and effectively balancing the interests and needs of one's own group with those of the broader organization.
- University/College diploma/degree in business administration, community/social services, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 years of related work experience
- Second language is an asset (French, Arabic, Swahili, Farsi, Dari, Pashto, Spanish)
- Proven ability to lead and promote a positive and professional team culture
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and on a flexible schedule
- Strong computer skills with advanced Excel knowledge and databases skills
- Excellent writing skills and strong attention to detail
- A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Police Check (completed when an offer is made)
Polycultural reserves the right to post internally and externally.
In support of persons with disabilities, Polycultural asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, to please advise Human Resources, if contacted for an interview/testing, so that suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards). If you require assistance in sending your resume due to a disability, please contact Human Resources directly.
We thank everyone for their interest in Polycultural; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Polycultural Immigrant & Community Services hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity.
No phone calls please.
Kindly apply using this link: https://polycultural.scouterecruit.net/jobs/PICS91