Youth & Newcomer Wellness Worker
(Full-time Contract from January 23, 2023 to March 31, 2023)
CCS is a settlement agency providing a wide range of services to immigrants and refugees regardless of race, religion or immigration status. CCS is seeking a full-time Youth & Newcomer Wellness Worker. This position will focus on supporting newcomer & refugee youth (ages 13-18) services access and engagement.
· Deliver series of weekly group sessions, to deliver virtual and in-person interactive and engaging skills building and art self-expression activities and support overall mental wellness.
· Facilitate active involvement of parents and care givers in group activities to encourage safe and healthy dialogue in monthly joint sessions.
· Recruit volunteers to set up a buddy study group to support one another on their academics, such as homework, improve their reading/writing skills, and build leadership skills. Etc.
· Organize and conduct weekly activities to engage youth in educational activities to prepare them for their future education endeavors and career plan.
· Coordinate youth activities to access employment support services, mentoring and volunteering opportunities.
· Develops and participates in project presentations and meetings to project partners and other stakeholders.
· Provide recommendations for improvement, development and/or expansion of the program to ensure proactive response to clients' changing needs.
· Develop and execute outreach plans and promotional materials to promote the program and recruit participants as required.
· Work with collaborating organizations and manage relationships with key stakeholders to ensure accurate and transparent communications regarding project.
· Participate in the development of a stakeholder engagement strategy to support and enhance project activities, including partnership building and maintenance; maintains project contact list.
· Prepare and submit accurate and timely statistical, financial and progress reports as required.
· Ensure various project activities are delivered on time and within scope.
· Support Program Manager in ensuring funder's contractual obligations are met.
· Actively outreach to the newcomer families in the community.
· Participate in regular team meetings.
· Post-secondary education in the Social Sciences, social work, Youth and Child Development, psychology or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 1-2 years’ experience in related human services work, or equivalent.
· Current knowledge of youth and community resources and services in GTA.
· Interview, assessment, analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Proven work experience in client-centred service delivery and group facilitation.
· Excellent oral and written English skills are required
· Ability to deliver services and group activities in a virtual environment using various communication platforms.
· Strong understanding of and commitment to social justice issues, antiracism-, anti-discrimination and anti-oppression.
· Demonstrated cross-cultural communication skills with participants, other agencies and the public.
· Demonstrated ability to work productively in a team setting, independently as well as work effectively with other service providers.
· Demonstrated experience working with multi-sectoral stakeholders on common goals and priorities
· Ability to work independently and as an effective team member, with a demonstrated ability to take initiative and exercise sound judgment.
· Computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook), Zoom and other videoconference and internet applications
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of accuracy in data collection and reporting.
· Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
· Clear mandatory vulnerable sector screening.
Hours of Work: 35 per week, including evening and weekend hours as required
Compensation: $27.16 - $28.65 (based on experience)
How to apply:
Please refer to the CCS job portal on https://ccs.sutihr.com/jobs requisition code P357 no later than January 17, 2023.
“Vaccination remains the most effective tool to reduce the risk of COVID 19. CCS is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our employees in the workplace, and therefore CCS requires all employees to provide proof of vaccination OR to submit to regular, frequent antigen testing at the expense of the employee.’’
CCS welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
CCS is an equal opportunity employer. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.