Youth Wellness Centre, Community Programs
The Youth Wellness Centre (YWC) is a hub for youth services which include WoodGreen provided and partner supported services and activities. Services include drop-in support for youth including settlement support, recreational activities, mental health support, general counselling support, employment related support, and support for school related needs.
- Support the engagement of new youth clients and the promotion of the YWC’s services and activities.
- Assist the Youth Wellness Coordinator with outreach, group facilitation, and activities which enhance community health and revitalization.
- Assist the Lead Facilitator to work with members of the local community to attract youth to Youth Wellness program offerings.
- Be engaged in developing the curriculum for youth as they develop skills to:
- Think critically in assessing issues that are related to their reality in the media, in popular culture, school, messages from governments, peer engagement/pressure, etc.;
- Increase their understanding and appreciation of their cultural power and all the possibilities that come with that understanding;
- Nurture a healthy and balanced perspective on personal identity and personal capacity.
- 1+ year of experience working with young people in community development activities.
- 1+ years of experience facilitating personal development and maturation change processes with young people.
- MUST BE CURRENT ONTARIO WORKS (OW) RECIPIENT.
- Effective September 7, 2021, all newly hired employees will be required to provide proof that they have completed an approved course of vaccination against COVID-19 at least 14 days prior to commencing employment or provide documentation to support an exemption based on grounds covered by the Ontario Human Rights Act (i.e. Medical exemption).
- Demonstrated outreach, marketing, organizational, and planning skills.
- Effective communication (written and oral) and presentation and group facilitations skills.
- Experience in client support and referral process.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Windows, MS Office, and Internet.
- Skills in using social media for communication/outreach and managing social media accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement workshops.
- Proven ability to work with clients of various backgrounds and needs.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to maintain all aspects of client confidentiality.
- Strong desire to learn and enhance understanding of the youth maturation processes, using service navigation as a viable maturation process which guides young people and equips them with the tools to successfully emerge into productive and responsible adults.
How to apply:
Please click here: https://woodgreencommunityservices.applytojob.com/apply/9UNwTwV6Ra/Youth...