CultureLink is seeking a full-time Youth Worker to deliver the Skills for Youth Success (SYS) program. The Skills for Youth Success (SYS) program is a pre-employment initiative that will support the long-term education and career pathways for racialized, vulnerable and newcomer youth ages 15-29. Through interactive, step-by-step, in class and online instruction, relevant networking opportunities and employment mentorship, SYS will support these youth by: assisting youth in developing online media-based resumes; developing effective networking skills; facilitating effective employment & mentorship opportunities, and providing education for other professionals to support youth in this field.
Reports to: Manager, Community Services
- Deliverer a comprehensive outreach strategy
- Implement workshops and programs
- Deliver Self-Marketing, infographic resumes, and web-based digital portfolios in-person and online training using Canvas
- Organize registration of participants, prepare programs and promotional material, and publicize events
- Co-ordinate partnerships
- Co-ordinate workshop facilitators
- Maintain program statistics
Required Work Capacities
- Physical demands: sitting at a desk for computer work (50% of the workday) and meetings; lifting files and supplies (up to 5 kg); working in an open office
- Non-physical demands: travel for off-site meetings and presentations; regular evening work with advance notice; occasional deadlines; variety of tasks
- Social/emotional demands: teamwork; relationship/network-building; working closely with the public, with clients and with colleagues
- Cognitive/mental demands: attention to detail; multitasking; organizational ability/time management, adaptability, sound judgement, effective written communication
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a relevant field, or a combination of education and experience
- One year of work experience with vulnerable youth
- Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening within the past six months
- Fluency in languages other than English is an asset
This is a bargaining unit position
Compensation: $21.86 – 23.22 per hour
Hours: 28 hours per week
Start / End Date: January 22, 2020 – March 31, 2020 with the possibility of extension
How to apply:
Please email a cover letter and resume quoting the reference number CLU-2020-1 by 5:00 p.m. Friday, January 24, 2020 to:
The Office Manager
CultureLink is a settlement and community organization with 30 years’ experience in developing and delivering services to meet the needs of diverse communities.
CultureLink works within an anti-oppression framework and is committed to equity.
Thank you to all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. No phone calls please.