Ontario is working with Indigenous communities to create lasting economic prosperity for Indigenous people and communities.
The province announced $27.5 million in funding for programs that support economic development for Indigenous people. The programs support training, job creation community infrastructure, and consultation capacity in communities, making a real difference in the lives of community members.
The 2018-19 funding will flow through three programs:
- The Indigenous Economic Development Fund (IEDF): $10 million
- The Indigenous Community Capital Grants Program (ICCGP): $3 million
- The New Relationship Fund (NRF): $14.5 million
With better opportunities for employment and financial success, Ontario is helping make a meaningful difference in the lives of Indigenous people, so they can share fully in the prosperity of the province today and tomorrow.
- The IEDF provides grants and financing to Aboriginal businesses and Indigenous communities and organizations. The fund helps promote economic development and improve socio-economic outcomes for Indigenous people.
- The ICCGP funds the development of community capital projects that contribute to a sustainable social base and support economic participation in Indigenous communities, both on and off reserve.
- The NRF supports consultation to ensure the voices of Indigenous people are included in economic development initiatives.